Software Implementation Engineer
The Judge Group Ecorse, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Description: Our client is currently seeking a Software Implementation Engineer
Primary function is to provide post sales implementation services and support. Coordinates configuration, deployment and support project activities between LAM and IT. Under the guidance of manager, works within a delivery team to configure & build features/modules within new or existing client solutions and provide technical assistance in support of the application.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides technical support to internal Urban Science clients currently utilizing software applications, including assisting with system set up and local application customization/development.
- Ensure all incidents are tracked into support system utilized by implementation delivery staff
- Monitor timely delivering of client support requests including prioritizing and balancing the tasks of implementation/delivery staff
- Gathers business requirements from clients and translates those needs into applications software.
- Determines best methodology and approach to implement and configure new requirements into existing and new client solutions.
- Works closely with software development teams to test new application features, including identification of possible user actions and potential problems with current design/functionality.
- Utilizes Urban Science tracking system to identify and resolve defects with existing software applications and applies approved processes for correction.
- With manager guidance, plans, organizes, develops and delivers reports, deliverables and projects on time, adhering to client requested specifications.
- Extract, manipulate, and analyze data using company software
- Perform coding and testing functions, primarily in SQL and VBA, associated with the development of custom client software, including development of additional reports, as needed
- Document existing and/or new processes related to any developed functionality and writes necessary technical documentation/training materials in support of new features with the application software.
- Delivers training services to new client users, if requested
- Adheres to quality control standards for Urban Science and client organizations.
- Proactively communicates with management to provide updates and report issues in a timely manner.
- Actively supports and participates in required Urban Science training programs to achieve targeted development objectives.
- Effectively responds to client inquiries/requests in a timely manner to help improve client satisfaction.
- Works with manager in completing own annual goal setting and performance review in a timely manner.
- Works with manager to prioritize other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND COMPETENCIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to prioritize competing demands, manage multiple concurrent tasks and adapt to changing priorities.
- Familiarity with HTML and XML.
- For D4 applications only - Basic business financial acumen including knowledge of financial principles strongly preferred
· SQL Server – Scripting
· Microsoft Excel – Building formulas
· HTML and XML
· Must have demonstrated programming proficiency at the minimum requirement for the role (programming proficiency varies by role and my not be required in certain roles. For those roles where programming proficiency is needed, typical programming languages used may include .NET, VBA, C#, SQL, Java, HTML, SSIS and Open Source)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree required; technical degrees are strongly preferred (i.e., engineering, computer science, management information systems, etc.) from an accredited college or university, or equivalent foreign institution. Non-technical degrees will be considered if candidate possesses appropriate level of analytical and technical knowledge required for the role.
- Minimum of 2 years related work experience preferred
The Judge Group
TechnologyView all jobs at The Judge Group