The Judge Group Boston, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
Description: Our client is currently seeking a Programmer Analyst
If you feel this requirement is suitable to you feel free to apply with your profile we will reach you with details...
This job will have the following responsibilities:
he Programmer Analyst will be responsible for designing, programming, integrating, testing, supporting, and maintaining the HASTUS application, a transit scheduling and daily operations management application for the public transit industry.
HASTUS is a specialized application utilized for transit operations management. The application consists of an integrated suite of modules used for various functions across transit operations, including service planning & analysis, scheduling, employee work & vacation selection, workforce management, day-of-operation management and timekeeping for bus, light rail, and heavy rail operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, modify, maintain, and support system integrations, including development of prepared queries and automation scripts, development of load mechanisms, and establishment of transfer protocols.
- Design, develop, modify, maintain, and support business reports by using Crystal Reports and other platforms.
- Design, develop, modify, maintain, and support custom-built applications to supplement the enterprise application architecture.
- Create, update, and maintain technical documentation for custom-built applications, system integrations, and reports, including technical design specifications, procedure documents, and architecture diagrams.
- Create, update, and maintain end-user procedural documentation
- Perform environment configuration and maintenance, including release installations, release promotions, and database refreshes
- Schedule, monitor, and troubleshoot issues with batch processes
- Perform ad-hoc data queries
- Provide 2nd / 3rd level end-user support for troubleshooting application issues
- Escalate issues to internal technical teams (Server, Network, Database, etc.) and / or software vendor as needed.
- Provide content knowledge and clarifications to QA / Testing team regarding designed behavior of application to facilitate the creation of test scripts
- Work any and all shifts and / or locations as assigned or directed. This may include shifts outside of regular working hours, including early mornings, late at night, and weekends.
- Participate in the on-call support rotation, responding to emergencies a on a twenty-four (24) hour, seven (7) day per week basis while on-call.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with comparable experience in the fields of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Three (3) years of experience in application programming and analysis, including design, development, implementation, and administration / support.
- Two (2) years to experience with scheduling and / or operations management applications
- Experience with programming languages, such as .NET, ASP, C#, or Java.
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Perl, Bash, Ruby, or Python.
- Experience with reporting and business intelligence platforms, such as Crystal Reports or Tableau.
- Experience with version control systems (preferably GitHub), including branching and merging strategies.
- Experience with HASTUS or other transit scheduling & operations management applications (ex: Trapeze FX) strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience with ServiceNow or similar service management / ticketing system
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Teams
- Effective organizational, analytical, multi-tasking, time management, and documentation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with end-users and team members
- Strong verbal and written communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse workforce and end-user community
- Direct work experience with transit scheduling or transit operations management applications, such as HASTUS or Trapeze FX
- Experience or interest in the public transit or transportation industry
- Experience or interest in public transit data
- Experience with cloud platforms, such as Azure or AWS
- Experience with industry-specific ERP applications
The Judge Group
TechnologyView all jobs at The Judge Group