Lead Full Stack Java Developer
The Judge Group Hoboken, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Description: Our insurance industry client is currently seeking a Lead Full Stack Java Developer for a full-time direct hire opportunity. Please reach out to Kevin Gorence (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any interest.
- Spring Boot
- Partner with business leaders, product owners and domain architects to create and execute a multi-year vision for their portfolio of applications and technology roadmap.
- Drive responsible development which is defined as on-time and on-budget development of new capabilities aligned to enterprise standards as well as appropriate ongoing management of those applications in partnership with shared service leaders
- Proactively identifies new technologies available in the marketplace to address specific business needs within their area of ownership so that technology can better serve as a strategic partner to the business.
- Partner with business Product Owners in order to ensure product backlogs prioritized information security requirements and technical debt reduction.
- Work closely with shared service leaders with respect to incident escalation/communication and with Product Owners to prioritize related remediation development work.
- Owns the design of the application and is responsible for the implementation with the development team and ensure the design is properly incorporated into the deliverables
- Act as technical design authority collaborating with the solution architect to implement the solution
- Provide application design feedback to the project team on an ongoing basis
- Review detailed design and code deliverables and ensure quality
- Assist the Enterprise architects in defining, implementing and overseeing technical standards, policies and tools
- Provide technical oversight to development teams. Work with technical staff to understand problems with software and develop specifications to resolve them.
- Responsible for effective application development including integration with other systems.
- Responsible for operational effectiveness of the environment; adhere to Company's Process Framework.
- Proactively contribute to our system architecture and stack design, toolset, agile and DevOps approach
- Collaborate closely with Agile Dev team members, Product Owners and business users to deliver business value
- Automate build, test (unit, functional, security vulnerability and performance) and deployment of the code part of the CI/CD pipeline by working closely with Platform Engineer
- Mentor developers on both technical topics and with Agile/DevOps adoption
- Proven experience in managing the technology strategy of one or more products
- Have a thorough and broad understanding of technology and how it can be used to solve business problems
- Have a solid understanding of the business area to which their product portfolio relates including external market trends
- Have experience of working in a senior leadership position and in partnering with senior business leaders in order to define strategies and product roadmaps
- Have experience in technology strategy and roadmap planning together with related budgeting.
- Have excellent stakeholder management and business engagement skills.
- The ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to present effectively to senior business leaders.
- Have a solid understanding of Agile, waterfall and hybrid methodologies
- A degree in Computer Science or related field or have relevant experience
- Experience or working knowledge of:
- Java (Spring, Hibernate, Maven, REST API’s) JSON, XML
- No-code/low-code platforms: Unqork
- Microservices such as Spring Boot, API Gateway (Apigee), Scaling techniques
- Agile – TDD (Junit, Mockito, Jasmine, Karma) BDD (Cucumber) Pair Programming, Scrum/Kanban
- DevOps – BitBucket, Jira, Confluence, CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins), Selenium, SonarQube, Nexus, Docker, Swarm, Splunk, - Jmeter
- Databases: MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle
- Cloud – AWS, Azure, Private Cloud
- OS – Linux, VM Architectures
- Insurance industry experience not required but desirable
The Judge Group
TechnologyView all jobs at The Judge Group