Job # 654761
Consumer Products Manufacturing Company is looking for:
POSITION: Contract Manufacturing Sourcing Manager
LOCATION: Schiller Park, IL 60176 Area
SALARY: $115-125K + Bonus
EXPERIENCE: 3-5+ years sourcing contract manufacturers to make products for the company
TRAVEL: < 10-20%
The Manager is responsible for coordinating with the Category Manufacturing Services team to define and execute procurement strategies and plans for the Division. He/She will be the primary Procurement contact for the Category Manufacturing Services team,
The Procurement Manager will manage the sourcing of all materials within the designated category and division. He/She will be responsible for price and price forecast management, critical service/quality issues, market knowledge for his/her geographies, Coordination and reporting, implications of new product development, supply chain tools (SMI, Audits), and the successful delegation of day-to-day supplier issue management to division and plant procurement managers/specialists.
- Manages the people, materials, and purchasing processes to deliver performance objectives, as measured by corporate, division and local KPIs.
- Leads segmentation strategy development and ensures effective execution of negotiations on major materials and purchases for the Division.
- Primary procurement lead for all Divisional Category Quality, Cost and Service Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Interfaces with suppliers’ sales, technical and other functional groups as well as Category Supply Chain, Technology, Marketing, and Finance functions to enforce purchasing policies, resolve issues, align service and financial strategies.
- Ensures timely delivery of new products & packages as per Division grids.
- Ensure implementation of Key Initiatives with suppliers (i.e., Enhanced Supplier Program, Continuous Improvement Teams, Contract Coverage, etc.).
- Responsible for /Divisional Funding the Growth Programs as well as FTG reporting.
- Leads Division efforts in using “e-tools” (Auctions, Spend Analyzer, etc.) to help drive Funding the Growth, simplification, and standardization programs.
- Leads the implementation of SMI with appropriate suppliers.
- Provides functional resources, including support on task forces, acquisition studies, and major project support.
- Ensures the development of the documented understanding of Division market structure and drivers for materials and identifies opportunities and threats for the future.
- Collaborates with Category Manufacturing Services to develop risk management strategies for key materials.
- Identifies and resolves all material Customer Service and Quality issues in the Division.
- Responsible for budget preparation and completion.
Contract Manufacturing responsibility:
- Leads the supplier selection process.
- Negotiates supply/service agreements.
- Ensures Company planning and quality systems are integrated with 3rd Party providers.
- Coordinates cost savings activities.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or business field.
- At least 7 years of Supply Chain experience with Bachelor's degree OR at least 5 years with a Master's degree.
Working at the crossroads of people and transformative technologies, The Judge Group delivers innovative business solutions.