Do you have experience with software engineering modeling and simulation?
Are you passionate about using innovation and technology to solve technical challenges involving the defense of the US?
If so, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
As a Software Engineer for M&S development, you will...
Develop software for a large, medium-fidelity multiple combat system performance simulation.
- Develop an understanding of the code base for the simulation framework integrating multiple combat system models.
- Work in a software engineering team environment to integrate existing combat system simulations, design and develop code to represent current and future combat systems, force-level interactions (e.g., sensor and weapon coordination), environmental effects and the response of the combat systems to simulated degradations.
- Design, develop, and execute automated regression tests to ensure the accuracy of the simulation.
- Support development and improvement of the simulation framework.
- Work closely with combat system analysts to understand new functionality needs, interpret results, diagnose and rectify bugs, and to collectively define the future growth path of the simulation.
You meet the minimum qualifications for this position if you have:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or equivalent.
- At least 1 - 5 years experience with C and/or C programming languages.
- Knowledge and application of object-oriented design principles.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products.
- Experience working successfully within a team environment either in school or in the workplace including summer internships.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Active Secret or ability to obtain an interim Secret clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you have:
- MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or equivalent.
- Three or more years of software engineering experience utilizing C/C to develop modeling and simulation tools.
- Proven success working in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Why Work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science ...