The Job Window has an exciting opening for an Event Planning Assistant on behalf of our client, an innovative event planning & event marketing firm in the Edmonton area. As a direct result of the success of our client’s promotional events and marketing campaigns, they are now planning to expand to two more locations before the end of the year!
This firm works with a diverse portfolio of clients across the country and maintains a strong focus on event marketing and promotional advertising! Our client has more work than they can currently handle and they have added two new divisions within their office to work with several new industries.
The Event Planning Assistant is responsible for all marketing and event coordination. This includes all planning, coordinating, and execution of the events. This position is critical in planning and facilitating daily events/tradeshows regionally.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Event Planning Assistant:
Planning and Logistics:
- Manage trade show and event promotions and strategy in conjunction with management.
- Approach customers during in-field promotional event and offer information on benefits of clients’ products and services, provide customer service support, and act as a liaison between clients and consumers.
- Coordinate on-site tradeshows and event staff.
- Oversee displays setup for events/ tradeshows and breakdown.
- Responsible for inventory and displays.
- Track and implement execution timeline and expenses per event.
- Manage and/or work tradeshows /events.
- Ensure all tradeshows and events are successful from beginning to end.
Team skills & Communication:
- Take a responsible role as a team leader
- Maintain regular & efficient communication.
- Document minutes/actions from meetings attended.
- Develop & train new team members and advise management on marketing strategies
If you possess any of the following skills or experience, our client would love to hear from you!
Qualifications of the Event Planning Assistant:
- Experience in event marketing & promotions, promotional sales, customer service, public relations, or management an asset.
- Ability to lead as well as follow and execute instructions effectively.
- Must be highly organized, self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Must be solution driven.
- Must be able to have FUN.
**Must be able to start work within 1-2 weeks of employment offer acceptance. Must have excellent oral communication skills.Must be able to start work within 1-2 weeks of employment offer acceptance. Must have excellent oral communication skills.
Must be able to commute to head office in Edmonton.