School Photographer – Photography (Paid Training!) Experience is a PLUS
If you have a passion for photography and love the idea of working with children and capturing memories that will last a lifetime, this could be the perfect position for you. We are seeking friendly, responsible and creative individuals with reliable transportation to join our talented Jim Owen Studios team as a School Photographer. In this role, you will set up in a new school each day and take high-quality student portraits.
You don’t need to be a professional photographer to qualify! We can train you on everything you need to know about taking memorable portraits while delivering a delightful experience for students and teachers alike. You bring your high energy, outgoing, and customer-focused personality, and we’ll show you the rest. If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you’ve been looking for, we want to talk with you!
As a School Photographer, you will direct and photograph students and staff for their school portraits, ensuring that they have an enjoyable experience. It will be your responsibility to capture high-quality images while displaying confidence and professionalism at all times.
Your specific duties as a School Photographer will include:
· Providing clear Picture Day direction and expectations for parents, school personnel and student helpers
· Working closely with staff to establish appropriate classroom work flow and effectively resolve issues
· Organizing materials, assembling necessary equipment and ensuring that all supplies are available on Picture Day
· Maintaining and transporting equipment in a safe manner between schools according to company guidelines
· Representing Jim Owen Studios in a professional manner at all times while adhering to all Company and school rules and policies
· Maintaining confidentiality of school and student related information
· Safeguarding equipment and money at all times
School Photographer – Photography (Paid Training!)
As a School Photographer, you should be personable and creative, possess the ability to work with minimal supervision, and be able to operate effectively both independently and as part of a team. It is also important that you demonstrate excellent customer service and communication skills along with the ability to interact in a positive manner with both school-age children and adults. Photographic experience is a plus but not required as we offer comprehensive training.
Specific qualifications for the School Photographer position include:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Previous work experience and the ability to positively interact with both school-age children and adults
· Ability to present a positive and professional image
· Strong customer-service skills
· Willingness to work a varied seasonal schedule, including early mornings and long days as necessary
· Willingness to travel the Gulf Coast area.
· Valid driver’s license as well as reliable, insured and registered transportation (in compliance with state laws) to reach assigned locations and while transporting photography equipment
· Ability to lift and operate camera equipment, up to 40+ lbs.
· Ability to pass a background check.
· Competitive hourly wage
· Comprehensive paid photography training
· Potential opportunities for advancement and training for other photography
· Cutting-edge digital photographic equipment with a complete mobile studio
· Medical and dental benefits depending on hours worked
· Paid Vacation