Donor Data Analyst
The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington relies on the generous financial support and volunteer leadership of individual donors and foundations to realize our collective vision for a vibrant and secure Jewish community in Greater Washington. We are hiring a Donor Data Analyst to strategically and efficiently track and analyze giving across all of revenue streams including: Annual Campaign, Special Campaigns, sponsorships and the Jewish Community Foundation. As a data-driven organization, this role is critical in providing insights and analysis that will inform our strategic decision making. Using our customized Blackbaud Enterprise CRM platform (BBCRM) and other data tools, Federation's Donor Data Analyst will create custom reports, export queries for donor analysis and communications, and ultimately provide insight and analysis within the context of Federation's work on fundraising and donor communication strategies in the form of campaign analysis reports and presentations. The Data Analyst will be expected to collaborate with cross-functional department stakeholders to improve processes, design and sustain a culture of data analytics, and advance company performance. This is an exciting position for an individual whose sense of achievement is activated in advancing community locally and globally. The Data Analyst must be a self-starter and able to navigate competing priorities. Their success will translate to enhanced department performance in driving our commitment to impact and excellence.
- Learn all aspects of Federation's two donor database systems: BBCRM and iPHI/Northstar, with the ability to create and export queries, segments, and reporting
- Develop and implement scheduled reports and dashboards
- Provide data visualization of all findings, in the form of charts, tables, graphs and presentations.
- Work to recreate existing reports, and build new dashboards, utilizing new systems such as PowerBi or Tableau
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses on fundraising, financial, direct marketing and Jewish Community Foundation data and outputs
- Provide strategy recommendations set within the context of Federation's work based on the analyzed data trends, findings and observations
- Effectively report findings and recommendations (verbally and visually) to colleagues and volunteer leaders
- Develop custom reports and queries using Federation databases and tools to extract data and provided segmented lists and reports
- Partner across the organization, and specifically with the IT, Donor Data Integrity team, and Impact Data Analyst to propose new models for data projects, maintain and promote data best-practices across the organization, and serve as model for data-informed decision making.
- Create and lead Federation's donor prospect research efforts, developing "prospect trigger" queries and integration of wealth screening tools
- Review current Donor Relations / Direct Marketing processes, and the relevant data/reports the process rely on, to recommend and implement more efficient systems
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant database management and analytics experience or master's degree in related field.
- Experience in data management and qualitative/quantitative research methods with the ability to interpret and analyze statistical data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite with advanced level capability in Excel (ability to use formulas, create pivot tables, charts, etc.), experience with PowerBI and Tableau preferred
- Experience in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms (Blackbaud a plus) and database work. Comfortable with and open to new technology
- Ability to liaise between stakeholders across departments and collaborate with colleagues and volunteer leaders with varying levels of knowledge and practice of data analysis
- Ability to understand the priorities of partners, customers and colleagues, specifically as they relate to projects that have impact ondonor and community relationship management
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills;demonstrates curiosity and asks thoughtful questions towards a goal of refining existing processes and systems
- Strong time management, project management and organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy; Flexible and able to adapt to changes and shifting priorities.
- Ability to work independently, perform well under pressure, balance multiple tasks/requests and exhibit sound judgment
- Commitment to the mission of The Jewish Federation
A People-Friendly Workplace
The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington is an equal opportunity employer offering people friendly environment, including:
- Excellent health care and retirement benefits
- Generous time off
- Flexible work options
- Opportunities and an annual stipend for continued professional development
- Access to the JPRO Network, which connects, educates, inspires, and empowers professionals working in the Jewish nonprofit sector
Organizational Vision, Mission, and Function
The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington envisions an open, connected, and vibrant Jewish community that cares for each other, fosters Jewish learning and journeys, embraces Jewish peoplehood and Israel, and acts as a force for good in the world. As a mission-driven non-profit organization, we work to inspire, build, and sustain vibrant Jewish life in a changing world by mobilizing our community in common purpose, intentional innovation, and effective action.
Candidates shouldbe located inor willing to relocate to the Greater Washington (DC, MD, and Northern VA) region. Thisis a hybrid position, with 3 days a week required in our headquarters.The health and safety of our professional team and community remains a top priority, and all Federation employees are required to provide proof ofvaccination against COVID-19.
The Jewish Federation of Greater WashingtonRockville, MD
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.