"NEW CAREER OPPORTUNITY"
Chief (Stationary) Engineer- Chicago IL
Our client is looking for Chief Engineer for their production plant located in Chicago IL .
Our client is part of the largest group of commercial hospitality laundry service providers.
- Chief Engineer is responsible for managing the service, operation, installation and maintenance of equipment, machinery and facilities of the company. Also responsible for planning, budgeting and scheduling facility modifications - including estimates on equipment, labor materials and other related costs.
- Schedule maintenance team to provide coverage during all laundry production operations
- Coordinate engineering duties in the prevention and control of environmental and safety hazards.
- Ensure company is in compliance with and abreast of all OSHA regulations. Active participation in the organizational safety program.
- Plan, budget, and schedule equipment and facility modifications, including cost estimates and repairs.
- Responsible for implementing and monitoring the preventive maintenance of the plant/processing equipment.
- Monitor training of company safety program, especially Lockout/Tagout procedures.
- Coordinate the procurement of major parts and develop a centralized purchasing program.
- Provide technical expertise and troubleshooting as needed.
- Provide familiarity with operations of all laundry wash, dry, sort and finishing equipment contained in a commercial laundry facility
- Work with the laundry chemical vendor(s) to monitor quality and cost effectiveness
- Manage a monthly maintenance budget centered around repairs, labor, and parts inventory
- Supervision of the maintenance associates as needed for projects or vacations.
- Ensure proper training of new and assigned maintenance associates as it relates to their essential job functions. This is to include training, reviewing, and auditing of the preventive maintenance program as well as extensive safety requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent along with 5+ years of industrial maintenance/management experience required in a commercial laundry facility.
- This position requires the knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, electronics (PLC), hydraulics, heating ventilation, air conditioning, carpentry, welding, machining and fabricating. The position also requires proficiency in troubleshooting the before listed categories.
- Technical knowledge of maintenance equipment and capital project activities and experience leading associates of various skill levels required.
- Must have well developed communication and basic math skills, organizational, analytical, and decision-making skills, efficient multi-tasking abilities, ability to supervise multiple workers in an often fast-paced environment, organizational skills, and able to foster a positive team working environment.
- Stationary Engineer License a must