The Senior Designer will be an individual contributor working primarily on print and powerpoint presentations for internal use such as board meeting presentations and leadership meetings. This person will work under the guidance of a creative manager to define and implement HAP’s brand in a variety of print and web-based media. Lead the charge in brand and communication design for highly visible health plan products and services from concept to completion. Maintain corporate style guide and brand design standards from print ads and collateral pieces to websites and social media graphics. Lead pre and post-production of photography, artwork and design files. Manage design production process, infrastructure, equipment and software.
- Mon-Fri 8:30am-5:00pm
- This person could potentially go direct based on performance, as the manager will be looking to fill this position with a direct employee
- Candidates MUST have design skills as this is definitely a design position
- This person will be using InDesign on a MAC computer and must have PowerPoint experience
- Must have 5 years of experience
- This person has to have enough experience that they can come in with fresh ideas, know which questions to ask while working independently, and have established best practices
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create, layout and design print and web-based communication materials using software, including but not limited to Adobe; InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop utilizing Mac and PC environments.
- Effectively translate business needs into actionable design requirements for creative team execution; responsible for articulating and defending conceptual and directional choices
- Maintain a pulse on the digital landscape and relevant creative work across web, social, mobile and digital signage
- Promote continual creative improvement and innovation as trends change. Continually improve processes/workflow and actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability Ensure deadlines are met in a fast-paced environment
- Responsible for creation, design and production of all brochures, collateral, posters, flyers, mailers, PowerPoint presentations, websites, e-flyers, flash banners, sales materials, online forms and interactive pieces.
- Supports and protects the brand and brand guidelines in all activities.
- Create, design and produce themed promotional materials for trade show pre and post-event-marketing programs. Develop and maintain internal and customer-facing presentations.
- Develop creative programs and design concepts that meet the company’s business objectives
- Functions as the in-house graphic design resource for marketing campaigns, both online and print.
- Assist management and/or marketing representatives with outside vendors on artwork and file preparation. Review silver prints as necessary. Coordinate, research and purchase stock photography and illustration.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working as a designer or creative lead for marketing, advertising and design.
- Previous management experience preferred.
- Ability to act as a consultant to internal business partners.
- Experience managing vendors and working collaboratively with Advertising and PR agencies.
- Experience with layout, typesetting, and e-graphics.
- Proficient Graphic Design skills in Mac and PC environments.
- HTML experience, a plus.
- Experience in Creative thinking and content execution.
- Ability to write and conceptualize design.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Studio, Adobe.
- The ability to control several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to manage projects from planning and development stages through to closing.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-starter with good organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to relate well with others at all levels through the corporation.
- Ability to work under deadlines.
- Must be flexible.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Training resource for less experienced designers within HAP.
- Knowledge of Graphic Design in Mac and PC environments.
- Knowledge of print production process.
- Knowledge of photography, scanning and photo/art manipulation.
- Ability to produce preliminary comps – traditionally and electronically.
- Knowledge of MS Office: Word, PowerPoint & Excel.
- Good math skills a plus.
Bachelor's Degree in Advertising, Graphic Arts, Fine Arts, Digital Arts or related field or an additional six (6) years of related and relevant experience may be considered in lieu of academic requirements.