We are currently looking for a SAS Programmer in the Brighton, MA area to work with actuarial.
- Ability to transform verbal direction and business requirements into meaningful reports and compile data for analysis and ad hoc projects
- The positions include writing and modifying SAS code to produce complicated combinations of detailed data
- The key requirement for the role is the ability to understand complex business requirements, develop data-driven solutions to address business problems, provide data and SAS programming expertise in supporting Actuarial team requirements
- Hands on experience in writing complex queries, macros and stored procedures
- Use SAS to extract data per specifications to create analytic datasets
- Merge different types of data (e.g. transaction-level data with account-level data)
- Quickly create and run ad hoc queries to answer urgent business questions
- Ability to maintain and enhance existing SAS processes
- Able to understand complex macro/Do loops in existing codes, able to make changes if needed.
- Ability to query data from SQL databases, large datasets, and files using SAS and/or SQL
- Ability to research reporting variances or business issues to identify root cause and build appropriate audits
- Able to decode Python script and convert to SAS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related education or practical experience
- 7+ years of advanced SAS experience (macros, data management, data profiling and reporting)
- SAS programming experience required
- Understand and experience of using various SAS methods for merging, joining, and performing lookups.
- Experience in creating performance reports using SAS, SQL, and Microsoft Office tools
- Demonstrated experience producing accurate and detailed work on multiple projects under time pressure
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills desired
- Experience in a financial or banking environment preferred
- Should know basic Python coding