All Source Analyst Junior
Jacobs provides warning and all-source analytical support to DIA's Defense Combating Terrorism Office to drive DoD policy, planning, and operational decisions to counter regional and transnational terrorism threats. We conduct mission-critical counterterrorism analysis focused on operational and strategic effects against emerging terrorist threat networks and identities operating globally with intent to harm U.S. persons, facilities, and interests. Our work includes delivering national watchlisting support to the TIDE database, providing expert assessments for the Pentagon/Joint Staff, and 24/7/365 support to DoD and senior policy decision makers, as well as international and interagency partners, on predictive threat assessments regarding transnational and regional terrorist threats. Jacobs analysts also support the Congressionally-mandated Prisoner of War/Missing in Action cell with analysis, collection, and 24/7 support to the U.S. government for global hostage threats or events against U.S. citizens.
Responsibilities: (describe the day-to-day):
All Source Analyst - Conducts analysis using intelligence and information from
multiple sources to assess, interpret, forecast, and explain a range of national security
issues and developments that are regional or functional in nature. Provides all-source
analytic support to collections, operations, investigations, and other defense intelligence
POW / MIA shall:
- The POW/MIA Analytic Cell maintains an interagency analytic capability to support activities related to personnel recovery (PR), POW/MIA, detention
hostages kidnappings remains recovery for U.S. service members, U.S. citizens and designated foreign nationals.
- Production in support of this mission shall include regional and country-specific threat of capture and PR assessments, analysis of state and on-state actors' plans, intentions, procedures and operations to capture hold and exploit U.S. and Coalition personnel and hostage case updates.
- Maintain the IC U.S. and Foreign Captive Intelligence Database as a common service to the PR community.
- Produce in standard DIA product lines, NCTC product lines, and briefings to both tactical and strategic customers that meet ODNJ and DIA analytic tradecraft
- Support DoD field collectors and determine the best methodology to prepare and produce integrated intelligence products including targeting products in direct support of special operations.
All Source Analyst - Conducts analysis using intelligence and information from multiple sources to assess, interpret, forecast, and explain a range of national security issues and developments that are regional or functional in nature. Provides all-source analytic support to collections, operations, investigations, and other defense intelligence analytic requirements.
Desired Experience: Three years of experience relevant to the specific labor category with at least a portion of the experience within the last 2 years.
Desired Education: Bachelor's degree in an area related to the labor category from a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. An additional 4 years of direct experience, for a total of 7 years of experience in the specific labor category, may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree.
- Demonstrates understanding of the 200 Series of ODNI's ICDs: 203 - Analytic Standards, 206 - Sourcing Requirements for Disseminated Products, and 208 Write for Maximum Utility.
- Produce formal written strategic counterterrorism and or all source intelligence assessments, products, graphics and briefings in accordance with ICD 203, DIA and ODNI standards as appropriate.
- Demonstrates ability to use research databases (e.g., Global Terrorism Database) and use quantifiable matrices in a professional setting to prepare written and oral products on complex topics.
- Must have TS/SCI clearance
The Jacobs BrandReston, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.