Manufacturing Cell Leader - MCL
The Intec Group Palatine, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
Intec Group is seeking a Manufacturing Cell Leader (MCL) for 1st shift (7:00am 3:00pm) to join our team in Palatine, IL.
Continuously improve the productivity, quality and schedule adherence of the cell. Provide leadership and training for all Production Associates working in a cell. Assure adherence to all operating systems, quality & safety procedures. Work as part of a team having responsibility guiding, directing and training of assembling an entire product or component of a product. Responsible for ensuring daily production of quality products in an efficient and safe manner.
Specific requirements as they pertain to the assembly cell are:
- Observing equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected, and technicians notified of any malfunctions.
- Learn to operate computer assisted technology in equipment operations, stop, start, adjust line speeds accordingly.
- Conduct new production operator training to enforce safety, maintain production goals and also teach basic troubleshooting skills on equipment operations.
- Ensure that employees working the line follow safe work practices and procedures to prevent accidents.
- Assist in training new process technicians and maintenance technicians on equipment operations, including basic troubleshooting approaches and how to use computer assisted technology to make changes.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Oversee training of new associates in manufacturing systems and procedures ensuring the Trainers are using OJT training manuals to maintain consistency.
- Monitor, and control shifts quality, productivity, and schedule adherence. Making necessary improvements to meet goals.
- Assure adherence to all operating systems & procedures.
- Monitor training records and certification logs daily ensuring they are updated accordingly daily.
- Monitor associate progress during training and certification process.
- Identify root causes for scrap and work to implement changes to improve scrap.
- Monitor associates to ensure OJT Manual & Procedures are followed.
- Monitor and promote safety awareness ensuring complete compliance to safety policies within team at all times.
- Ensure equipment is in safe working condition all guarding is in place and there are no safety switches or guards bypassed.
- Lead teams to improve overall safety, quality, productivity and efficiency through lean manufacturing concepts.
- Perform data entry as necessary for daily, weekly and monthly reports of their shift.
- Conduct pre-shift team meetings (safety, quality, efficiency, scrap and team performance) and ergonomic exercises.
- Coach associates on any and all company policies and procedures. Issuing Corrective Disciplinary Action when necessary.
- Issue press assignments, ensure all employees are adequately covered as necessary for break and lunch.
- Work with the Technical Team to develop and implement corrective actions for safety, quality and production issues.
- Monitor efficiency and scrap of associates ensuring job cards are filled out accurately.
- Monitor, manage and control manufacturing floor ensuring all associates are receiving necessary materials to efficiently produce all products...
- Report and address all safety issues. Assist the Technical Team in developing a corrective action to prevent re-occurrence when necessary.
- Participate in process improvement activities.
- Communicates daily with shift supervisor.
- Lead, coach, and mentor team of 3 employees per cell. Monitoring and documenting all employee performance.
- Assist shift supervisor in creating annual reviews for employees and assisting associates in overcoming obstacles that may come up on any given day.
- Active involvement in formal and informal process improvements teams.
- Actively participate to reduce customer complaints and increase OEE by working with the Production Team to identify Root Cause and assisting in implementation of Corrective Actions.
- Works with all team members in a positive manner that encourages cooperation in achieving plant goals and customer satisfaction.
- Treat all associates with respect creating a positive work atmosphere on their shift.
- Safety Awareness: Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Coaching: Engages in discussions to promote developmental insight and planning. Provides candid, timely feedback on performance that is specific and supportive; generously offers to share own experience and expertise.
- Composure: Responds to information and situations in a self-controlled manner. Maintains a calm composed manner during stressful times.
- Investigation: Conducts thorough gathering of factual information as a basis for decision making.
- Metrics: Uses and creates analytical tools to document, assess, and measure information to support business decisions.
- Personal Accountability: Accepts responsibility for own actions including failure. Embraces experience as learning opportunities and not chances to blame.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) Experience: Certified Trainer or successful completion of Train-the-Trainer at Intec.
Success as a plant supervisor or lead a plus.
Maintains a positive spirit of cooperation and teamwork. Have flexible hours or work overtime to complete the job as required. Be a self-starter that can work with minimum supervision. Must be able to read, write & comprehend English. Must have basic math skills. Be willing to participate in cross developmental training (production, quality, administrative, materials).
- Able to perform all jobs within cell.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Maintain attendance at 13 points or less.
- Flexible and willing to rotate teams/cells.
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lead and motivate people.
- Demonstrated high productivity and low waste performance.
- Basic math and reading skills. Ability to learn basic computer skills.
- Willing to work in a team environment to make continuous improvements.
The Intec Group
ManufacturingView all jobs at The Intec Group