The Institute of Professional Practice, Inc., New Hampshire, is a non-profit human services organization that works to promote dignity and respect in the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities. The services we provide are uniquely tailored to each individual we serve, and align with our motto, "individual lives, individual solutions." We are looking to contract with a HCP in the Concord, Merrimack, and Stratham NH areas. We are looking for an individual, couple, or family, who wants to make a difference in the lives of people with developmental disabilities. HCPs share their homes with an individual who needs assistance in daily activities and participating in community life. Monthly contract payment is tax-free and comparable to a professional salary. Experience in developmental disabilities preferred, but willing to train. Ongoing training will be offered.
• Assist, instruct and increase independence in everyday living skills which include, household chores, meal preparation, recreational activities, learning activities, physical fitness activities, individual's chosen inclusionary and community activities, money management, and self-control.
• Monitor individuals for changes in general health, appearance, behavior and patterns of activities; notify IPPI management and medical professionals of any changes.
• Support individuals with daily personal care and hygiene tasks, including assisting with toileting, shaving, brushing teeth, bathing/showering, hair care, and dressing appropriately.
• Teach the individuals their goals/programs as designated in the Individual Service Agreement (ISA); and collect data and tabulate as required.
• Recognize and respond to all emergencies, implement existing protocols and emergency procedures as needed including but not limited to behavioral, fire, medical, evacuation, etc.
• Enter data as needed in our electronic records system.
• Comply with all laws and regulation pertaining to adult foster care and provisions of NH Medicaid funded services.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Experience in the developmental disabilities system preferred, but not required. HCPs who are passionate about working with individuals with developmental disabilities and have equivalent education or desire to gain experience in the field will also be considered.
• At least moderate computer skills.
A successful candidate will have a personal vehicle, proof of 100,000/300,000 liability auto insurance, and a safe driving record. Candidates must have a clean BEAS, criminal, and driving record in order to contract with IPPI. A background check will be required.
How to Apply
The Institute of Professional Practice, Inc. is committed to contracting with compassionate, caring individuals to support the individuals we serve. Thank you for considering The Institute of Professional Practice, Inc. in your job search.
If you are interested in this contracting opportuntiy, please complete the application on the official Institute of Professional Practice, Inc. website (http://www.ippi.org/new-hampshire/new-hampshire-career-opportunities/).
For information on The Institute of Professional Practice, Inc. including more information on employee benefits and our company culture, please visit our website at: http://www.ippi.org/.
The Institute of Professional Practice, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.