Do you want to make a difference in the lives of kids with special needs and their families?
If so, join our team and be part of the solution!
The Institute for the Redesign of Learning (IRL) is a multi-service, community based Special Education, mental health, job development, and training facility for special needs children, students, and adults.
IRL began in 1974 when its founder, Nancy J. Lavelle, Ph.D., created the Almansor Education Center located in a church on Almansor Street in Alhambra, California. With a belief that every student has the ability to “take charge” of their own learning process, Dr. Lavelle established a unique environment, individualized curriculum, and created appropriate support and enrichment services designed to turn student and client learning failures into learning successes.
Now over forty years later, the Institute for the Redesign of Learning offers six programs designed to provide a continuum of care for individuals with Special Needs, ages infants through adults, serving children, students, and clients throughout the greater Los Angeles and San Gabriel Valley communities. These programs include: Almansor Early Childhood Education Services, Almansor Community Outreach Services, Almansor Academy (a Non-Public Special Education Day School), Almansor Mental Health Services, Almansor Transition and Adult Services/Supported Employment Services, and Westmoreland Academy (a Non-Public Special Education Day School for students with Autism Spectrum Disorders).
Mission: To empower people with special needs to take charge of their own learning and lives, making it possible for them to be competent, caring and contributing members of society; and to provide learning opportunities for families, professionals and communities to support those efforts.
Description: Our Therapists are responsible for providing clinical documentation to meet all County, State and Federal documentation requirements, and for meeting with the clinical supervisor on a regular basis to meet all Behavioral Board Sciences supervision requirements. This person will also review consumer records, organize information, and determine appropriate assessments. Additionally, this person will reappraise original goals and objectives and adapt them to individual consumer needs while coordinating activities, as well at design appropriate activities, materials, and methods for remediation according to individual consumers. This person will also evaluate consumer performance and indicate results and necessary revisions, and maintain records, forms, progress notes, outcome measures, as per DMH guidelines. Additionally, this person will travel to and attending trainings, meetings, conferences within Los Angeles County.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Must have a Masters degree in Marriage Family Therapy/Social Work or in a related Human Behavioral Field
- Current MFT/LCSW licensure through the California BBS or Registered MFT intern/MSW associate thru the BBS
- Qualifying Experience with learning disabilities, behavioral problems and emotional disorders.
- Must hold appropriate automobile insurance with limits that allow driving personal vehicle for work
- Provides mental health services, case management and translation/interpretation services for the benefit of the client/family for the delivery of direct, collateral, & case management/linkage/brokerage mental health services to consumers, parents, and involved caregivers & service providers regarding mental health issues, behavioral problems, consumer areas of strength, service placement issues & needs, to promote improved, adaptive, & independent functioning in all domains. Be able to form an effective treatment team with a case manager for the benefit of the client and family.
- Mental health services could be provided in the client’s home, school site, or clinical building site. Services predominantly provided in the areas of San Gabriel and Southeast Los Angeles County.
- Provides clinical documentation to meet all County, State and Federal documentation requirements.
- Meets with clinical supervisor on a regular basis to meet all Behavioral Board Sciences supervision requirements
This position requires that employees use Independent judgment, have well-developed communication skills, and be team and client focused.
- Ongoing professional development
- Professional growth opportunities
Benefits: Employees may be eligible for health, dental, and vision insurance; paid vacation, holiday and sick leave; 401k retirement plan; educational assistance and flexible spending account.
If you enjoy working with children and are interested in employment with us, please apply by sending your resume to the following career agent:
http://www.redesignlearning.org/ | Facebook.com/institutefortheredesignoflearning | Instagram.com/redesignlearning
Institute for the Redesign of Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap,
national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.