- 1 day ago
- $65,000 Yearly
*NOTE THIS PROPERTY IS NOT IN NEW YORK CITY*
Jean-Georges Management is built on a powerful culinary foundation and has evolved into a reputable and award-winning restaurant group. From inception, Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten placed emphasis on the importance of providing the very best in culinary and tailored hospitality, which has resulted in the success of an acclaimed constellation of international restaurants. With over 60 restaurants worldwide we continuously strive towards excellence and rely on the support of our culinary and hospitality team members to contribute to our operations.
Jean-Georges Management is seeking a Sous Chef for its property located in Westchester, NY. If you are passionate about your craft and want to be part of a great team with amazing potential for growth, this is your perfect opportunity to take your career to the next level! We are offering extremely exciting opportunities for growth and creative freedom!
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for a method of service, production, and cooking to ensure all items are prepared to meet deadlines and standards
- Properly execute plated dishes with varying components to standards set by Executive Chef
- Complete all closing requirements as directed by Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef
- Serves as the acting Head Manager when the Executive Chef is not on the restaurant premises
- Taste and review products on a daily basis to ensure quality and consistency with preparation and presentation
- Assist with developing, implementing, and maintaining new recipes, presentations, and products
- Have a working knowledge of inventory ordering systems
- Identify and communicate suggestions to the Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef for policies and procedures to improve the operation
- Ensure that proper sanitation and safety practices are followed
- Coach and mentor hourly staff
- Assist with recruiting and selection of hourly staff
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Minimum of 4 yrs experience in a high-volume setting
- Minimum of 1 year management experience
- Fine dining experience required
- Understanding of all stations, techniques, and standards
- Culinary degree preferred
- Able to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Able to handle multiple tasks and works well in an environment with time constraints.
- Able to handle last-minute changes
- FULL AVAILABILITY- daytime hours, evening hours, and weekends
The base pay range for this position is $65,000.00 per year. The determination of what a specific employee in this job classification is paid within the range depends on a number of factors, including, but not limited to, prior employment history/job-related knowledge, qualifications, skills, etc.
Please ensure your profile has the most updated resume and why you are the best candidate for the role.We look forward to hearing from you!
The Inn at Pound Ridge
AddressPound Ridge, NY
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?