Training & Development Coordinator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Training and Development Coordinator (TDC) is responsible for the development and implementation of the orientation and on-going training programs for the Care Management Department. The TDC is to coordinate and oversee mentoring sessions with Care Management Department staff if quality issues are determined with the staff person.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Completes NFLOCD Reviews to ensure contract and agency compliance.
- Creates and maintains a virtual learning center using the online platforms (e.g. Relias)
- Conducts 2-5 monthly peer reviews per CQAR corrective action guidelines and reports findings to the Quality Team.
- Findings will be developed trainings presented to CMD staff
- Assists with the development and training of Service Providers at the Network Provider meetings.
- Updates training(s) and platforms per MDHHS and NCQA guidelines.
- Participates as an auxiliary member of the Risk Management Committee with the Quality Specialist in identifying and resolving issues of risk within the agency.
- Works in coordination the CEO to develop and implement CEU trainings.
- Develops and implements annual training plans in collaboration with the Quality and Training Coordinator and utilizes the Relias module system for enactment when applicable.
- Conducts annual supervisory home visits (virtual and/or in-person) to ensure the Supports Coordinators are following state and agency guidelines and goals.
- Prepares for and contributes to supervisory conferences, staff meetings, and staff development sessions in order to make optimal use of those resources for professional growth.
- Responsible for mentoring and coaching clinical staff that are not fully licensed to assist with preparations for full licensure based on the State of Michigan requirements.
- Oversee the preparation and training of staff for Certified Case Management.
- Coordinates, oversees and updates the procedure manual for CMD staff to utilize.
- Meet regularly with Care Management supervisors, Quality Team, auxiliary staff and support coordinators to address specific areas in need of improvement as they relate to the agency’s ongoing Quality Management Plan.
- Coordinates with the Quality and Training Coordinator in compiling, analyzing, and synthesizing data for trends impacting quality measures. The data will be translated into training for CMD staff.
- Develop and upload training videos for YouTube platform.
- Oversee training and compliance for department pilot programs as applicable
- Create and maintain an orientation training program for new Supports Coordinators.
- Train new Support Coordinators using the orientation training program.
- The job description is not intended to be all inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in developing and implementing training plans based on data analysis and quality improvement plans.
- Ability to review clinical charts for quality compliance.
- Ability to use critical thinking skills
- Working knowledge of community based-resources for individuals with disabilities and/or the elderly.
- Ability to interpret and translate date to various stakeholders
- An intermediate knowledge base of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Geriatrics, Aging field, Disability Sources, Medicare, Medicaid.
- Possess a current valid Michigan driver's license, proof of adequate insurance and transportation for home visits, is required.
- Ability to travel throughout the service and the State of Michigan to attend meetings/trainings.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Social Work, Nursing, or other human service related field.
- Related experience in social work, health care, care management, or gerontology is required.
- Requires a current license as a Registered Nurse or Social Worker (Limited or Fully Licensed) in the State of Michigan
- Prefer two years’ experience in a hospital, home care, or community based setting.
The Information Center, Inc.
EducationView all jobs at The Information Center, Inc.