Senior Account Manager, K-12 Education
Are you ready for an opportunity to explore and grow your talents across the many disciplines within the marketing mix? Are you seeking a fast-paced boutique agency environment that is known for its powerful messaging with a wide range of clients, where no two days are the same? If you answered “Yes” to all of these questions, you may be the next senior account manager at The Impact Group (IGPR). We develop integrated campaigns and creative content for our clients. They demand a lot and so do we.
As a senior account manager, you will spearhead strategies, coordinate project-specific teams, implement creative campaigns to meet client goals, and generate measurable results for K-12 education. Your organizational talent goes without saying, but you bring it to life in a manner that underscores your leadership skills: low on ego, big on laughs, collaborative, client-minded, and professional.
What you’ll do:
- Client relationship management and strategy
- Build strong relationships with all K-12 education clients at appropriate levels.
- Function as the day-to-day contact on accounts.
- Stay in regular communication (in-person, phone, e-mail) with clients, including scheduling and coordinating meetings, etc.
- Set strategic direction and generate new ideas for client programs.
- Partner with the design team on development of creative direction.
- Write proposals and make presentations to clients for new programs.
- Look for opportunities to grow existing business and gain referrals.
- Manage all projects on a daily basis, meet deadlines, ensure projects meets original strategy and objectives set at the start of the project.
- Manage and organize the needs of numerous client accounts.
- Internal team management
- Stay in constant communications with team members.
- Provide weekly status reports.
- Lead and participate in client services meetings including project/team meetings.
- Work to keep internal teams motivated and high-functioning.
- Budget management and administration
- Manage client budget projections.
- Work to ensure projects are executed on time/on budget.
- Keep up-to-date on daily timesheets and administrative work.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, business, or communications.
- 8 – 10 years of applicable school-based or agency work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build rapport quickly with clients.
- Knowledge of educational policies and procedures.
- Experience managing direct reports preferred but not required.
- Experience working with integrated client teams including account and creative resources.
- Ability to travel required although the travel requirements would be extremely light.
What’s desired, but not required:
- Use of Google analytics reporting.
- Use of social media digital advertisements.
- Success leading existing client programs (positive metrics, awards, on time/on budget).
- Proactive development of new client business.
- Understanding of client-agency business; ownership of accounts.
- Proven history of establishing and building strong, consultative relationships with clients.
Our ideal candidate also shares our core values of Making an Impact, being Company Center & Client Focused, showing Respect, Grace & Appreciation, having Grit, being Creative, and someone who Dares Mighty Things!
In addition to a competitive salary, The Impact Group offers a full, comprehensive benefits plan, including medical/pharmacy/dental plans, paid time off, paid holidays, a 401(k), disability plans, and flexible spending accounts.
What began in a basement with two political scientists has grown into a talented team of full-service marketing and public relations professionals with diverse backgrounds and one thing in common: results. More than a collection of individuals, we have grown into a team with roots in advertising, social media, journalism, public relations, and graphic design. And, of course, we still have our political scientists. Great collaboration, brainstorming, and sharpening comes out of this cross-section of varied backgrounds, making our team the strongest asset to our clients.
The Impact Group
Why Work Here?WE ARE A PASSIONATE TEAM What began in a basement with two political scientists has grown into a talented team of full-service marketing and public relations professionals with diverse backgrounds and one thing in common: results. More than a collection of individuals, we have grown into a team with roots in advertising, social media, journalism, public relations, and graphic design. And, of course, we still have our political scientists. Great collaboration, brainstorming, and sharpening comes out of this cross-section of varied backgrounds, making our team the strongest asset to our clients.
Why work for The Impact Group? Our clients, culture and company. And, we work in the most creative inspiring office space, a barn!