The human resource generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR management in supporting designated geographic regions. In alignment with Flow Control Group’s corporate Human Resources, the HR Generalist carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, onboarding, policy adherence, recruitment, payroll administration and employment law compliance.
- Coordinate and screen job applicants; review application/resume; evaluate applicant skills and make recommendations regarding applicant's qualifications.
- Adhere and communicate information for employee Benefit/Policies.
- Provide assistance and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Assist with employee relations and redirect to management as appropriate.
- Respond to verification of employment requests.
- Verify employees thru E-Verify and confirm if possible Denied Parties matches.
- New Hire On-boarding.
- Administers and tracks 90-day Review and assist with Performance Appraisal processes including JD updates.
- Maintain and update personnel files
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change approval/updates, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Initiate new hire enrollments
- Process reports for budgets, planning and benefits administration.
- Develop/maintain professional relationship with vendors
- Maintain accurate payroll records and process weekly/biweekly payroll
- Verify and process expense reports.
- Review 401k reports weekly for payroll updates
- Create standard and custom reporting upon request.
- Assist with implementation of HRIS and Payroll systems.
- Assist Accounting Manager in Creating and updating General Ledger files for payroll.
- Verify and maintain employee records for PTO, attendance, leave of absence, overtime, etc.
- Assist with the verification and processing and of bonus incentives
- Create General Ledger files for payroll at month end and for monthly accrual
- Coordination of sending out employment offer letters, related HR forms, Benefit/Policy books, and company literature to new hires.
- Assist with employment process (writing & placing ads, first pass on resumes, sending out Predictive Index Surveys).
- Screen for temporary staff thru recruiting agencies.
- Develop and maintain relationship with employment agencies, universities and other recruitment sources.
- Maintain New Employee training records and training plans
- Assist management with on-going training needs.
- Process / Track leaves of absences.
- Process Worker's Compensation, First Report of Injury
- Assist with maintaining OSHA logs and reporting for vendor requirements
- Works closely with Safety Manager to facilitate safety training and tracking
- Schedule and maintain employee certifications
- Communication skills – Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Ethical Practice.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
- HR Expertise.
- Relationship Management.
- Able to work independently
- High sense of confidentiality
- Excellent computer skills
- Able to prioritize workload
- Good phone skills
- Problem Resolution and root cause analysis skills
- Good Follow through
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Some travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Associates degree in Human Resources, Accounting, or Business Administration plus HR Certification with a minimum of two years of experience in the HR field, or seven years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources or related field.
- Five to 10 years of human resource experience.