The Interfaith Nutrition Network, Inc. (The INN) is a not for profit organization located in Hempstead, NY which has been addressing hunger and homelessness on Long Island for over 35 years. We currently have an opportunity for a Service Associate (Warehouse/Customer Service/Maintenance) to join our dynamic team.
The INN is seeking a self-starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to serve as a multi-functional resource within The INN service facilities. Such duties may include staffing a warehouse area, managing inventory, scheduling and conducting donations pickups from area businesses, accepting donations, transporting donations between facilities, serving as a greeter or performing security duties. Duties may also include conducting general cleaning/maintenance of INN buildings to maintain a safe and clean environment when cleaning services and/or maintenance mechanics are not available.
· High School Diploma or equivalent degree.
· Nine months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Strong knowledge of warehouse, custodial and material handling operations.
· Willing to be trained to utilized specialized equipment such as Hi-lo and fork lift.
· Valid New York State CDL Driver’s License.
· Bilingual (Spanish & English) preferred.
· Conflict resolution skills.
. Ability to build rapport with donors
. Ability to prioritize and multitask
. Positive and professional demeanor
. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
. Handle customer inquiries and complaints
. Provide information about donations needs.
. Troubleshoot and resolve maintenance issues and concerns
. Document and update donation records based on interactions
. Develop and maintain a knowledge base of the evolving donated items
We offer a competitive salary/benefit package.