Director of Payroll & Benefits - Hybrid
The IMA Group is looking to add a Director of Payroll & Benefits to our growing HR team. This position will be Hybrid working remote and out of our corporate offices in Tarrytown, NY.
The salary range for this position is $90,000 - $125,000 annually.
This position will have oversight of payroll functions to ensure accurate and timely processing of employee and 1099 payrolls, integration of acquired companies, set up and payment of state and local payroll taxes to include PA local withholding, SUI, State Withholding. Oversight and primary responsibility for electronic benefit enrollment system to include active role in benefit selection, EDI integration, and reconciling invoices.
Job Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Responsible for training and leading a team of Payroll Administrators to ensure accurate and timely processing of all payrolls and 1099 non-employee compensation payments to include bi-weekly, monthly, semi-monthly, and special payroll/payment runs.
- In consultation with the CHRO, develop and implement an onboarding plan for each acquisition to include timing and method of payroll transition, benefit eligibility and enrollment, time and attendance setup, PTO liability calculations and adjustments to standard PTO setups as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring that payroll and HR changes are promptly saved to employee personnel files; ensure proper documentation and authorization for all payroll and status changes.
- Audit payroll data for compliance with living wage requirements, minimum hourly and salary levels, ACA and benefit eligibility, admin access, manager access, etc
- Responsible for notifying insurance broker of geographic expansion to ensure proper work comp coverage.
- Responsible for Work Comp payroll audits.
- Responsible for setting up payroll companies in new states to include setting up tax accounts, notifying benefit carriers of state expansions, and ensuring all quarterly tax returns are filed and taxes paid.
- Generate Form B reports for OTDA.
- Provide data to BLS as requested.
- Maintain active I-9 files and active Invitation to Self-Identify files separate from personnel files.
- Assist employees and supervisors with system training, payroll issues, and requests for payroll information. *Compensation information must be routed through CHRO or CFO and cannot be provided directly.
- Research payroll issues/discrepancies and process necessary corrections.
- Ensure familiarity and compliance with all regulatory standards and policies and procedures regarding payroll.
- Input employee confidential information into Paychex including company equipment received, PTO accruals including manually computing and inputting PTO for part-time employees on a weekly basis.
- Participate in benefit renewal process to include selecting carriers, adding and removing benefit vendors, Benetrac open enrollment setup, and creation of open enrollment and initial enrollment materials.
- Lead employee education and enrollment meetings for open enrollment and for monthly initial benefit enrollment meetings for new employees.
- Primary responsibility for coordinating with carriers and broker to resolve escalated benefit issues including access to care, enrollment issues caused by feed timing, and benefit override enrollments.
- Oversee pending enrollments, approval of QE benefit changes, and other enrollment issues.
Education and Experience:
Required: Associates Degree in Human Resources, Accounting, Finance, Labor Relations, Business, or a related field. Three Years hands on payroll and benefits experience. Two Years Supervisory experience.
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Accounting, Finance, Labor Relations, Business, or a related field. Five years hands on payroll experience and 3-5 years supervisory experience.
Qualifications: Must have or be able to:
- Multi-state payroll experience including at least 2 of the following states: NY, PA, or CA.
- Work with confidential information
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workloads and deadlines.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret, apply various policies and procedures.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Handle telephone conversations in a courteous and business-like manner
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Be resourceful and creative.
- Be tactful, diplomatic, mature and flexible.
- Proficiency with computer hardware and software
EEO: Our Government Services Division supports local, state, and federal agencies and delivers professional and objective medical and psychological examinations as well as ancillary services. Our Payer Services Division meets the evaluation and screening needs of Carriers, TPAs, Public Entities and Employers and includes behavioral health and physical medicine specialty services, working with a wide range of organizations within the workers' compensation, disability, liability, and auto markets. Our Clinical Research Division performs all types of Phase II-IV clinical trials in multiple therapeutic areas through a flexible nationwide network of site locations and virtual capabilities.
The IMA GroupTarrytown, NY
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.