The IDEAL School of Manhattan is seeking a part-time Business Office Assistant. The Business Office Assistant is responsible for working closely with the Director of Finance and the school’s accountant, using the best practices to manage the financial and non-educational operations of an independent school on the Upper West Side. The role has a broad scope of duties, tasks, and responsibilities, reporting to the Director of Finance. The three key areas of responsibility are financial management, purchasing, and office management.
A. Financial Management:
● Conducts receivable collections calls and contacts vendors regarding payables issues
● Perform A/P and A/R entries
● Assist with day-to-day business office transactions as requested
● Assist with reconciliation
● Produce monthly credit card reports for admin team
● Work in conjunction with the Accountant to support the Business Office and to manage all accounting policies and procedures to ensure a strong system of internal control
● Assists with filing
● Assists with all purchasing and petty cash management
● Ensures that all orders are properly documented and delivered properly
● Participates in the annual audit as requested
C. Office Management:
● Assists with signups for extracurricular activities
● Conducts data entry, using all systems utilized by the Business Office as needed
● Facilitates bank deposits
● Help with research and analysis when needed by the school
● Assists with other general clerical and administrative duties as needed
Bachelor’s Degree or credits towards achieving this level of education.
● Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) preferred.
● Non-profit experience doing accounting work desired, preferably at a school.
● Demonstrates an attention to accuracy, detail, and highly organized.
● Ability to prioritize, organize, and manage multiple tasks independently and complete work in a timely and accurate manner.
● Ability to maintain professionalism and exercise strict confidentiality.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel required.
● Knowledge of Quickbooks and Senior Systems software preferred.