The position: 1) analyzes customer credit worthiness and establishes credit limits; 2) works closely with customers to ensure timely payments; 3) executes daily sales order reconciliation and invoice processing; 4) troubleshoots system issues related to invoicing and payment application; and 4) works with sales team to support new business opportunities. The employee will protect the organization's values by keeping information confidential and will periodically update her/his job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities. Responsibilities includes those listed below and others as Management determines necessary.
Accounts Receivable (A/R)
· Create new customer accounts and establish credit limits
· Review and correct customer invoices daily to ensure accuracy and timeliness
· Utilize web-based customer invoicing programs when necessary
· Ensure company’s credit policy is adhered to where applicable
· Work with customers on past due payments to maintain current account agings
· Maintain customer invoice and payment files
· Reconciles monthly accounts receivable and bad debt general ledger account activity and maintains proper documentation for journal entries.
· Maintains records by scanning invoices and credit memos
· Print and review daily bank deposits and identify account numbers for posting
· Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions through research, analysis, and customer interaction
· Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line, and delinquency
· Archives files and maintains related notes and comments in Sage
· Assigns supplier rebates to customer invoice transactions in Sage weekly and at month end
· Troubleshoots system and process issues related to customer invoicing and payment application
· Processes shipment verification and invoicing on drop ship customer orders
· Issues accurate and necessary credit memos to customers after thorough research, analysis, and customer interaction
· Tracks customer consignment inventory and processes invoicing as customer consumes inventory
· Completes and files customer’s new vendor setup forms, including W-9 forms
Accounts Payable (A/P)
· Acts as backup approver for bank wire and ACH vendor payments
Other Analysis and Reporting
· Support sales and marketing teams in data analysis, reporting, and forecasting.
· Assist with monthly financial close processes and reporting, ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and understanding.
· Other projects as assigned.
· Ten or more years of equivalent business experience
· Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration is required.
· Proficiency with Sage Accounting systems, Crystal Reports, MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is highly desired
· Attention to Detail – takes pride in accuracy of work and has excellent follow up/follow through
· Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills – can clearly and concisely share thoughts
· Organizing & Planning – knows how to get things done in a planful and orderly manner
· Analyzing Information – can sort through data to raise questions to management as needed
· General Math and Accounting skills – basic understanding of Revenue, Expenses and Margin
· Integrity - unquestionable moral character
· Sense of humor – humble enough to laugh at oneself
· Drive & Energy - ability to initiate and conduct multiple projects simultaneously, independently and in a supportive team environment
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions. Although mostly sedentary, must be able to lift/move files and materials (usually less than 25 pounds), see and hear clearly, move around to retrieve files, attend meetings, etc. Eye/hand coordination for working on computers extensively. Ability to drive.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the President. All requirements are subject to change over time, and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability to perform essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time