POSITION SUMMARY: As a Digital Sales Specialist, you'll help to provide integrated digital marketing solutions to ensure client success and account growth. The Houston Chronicle Media Group has proven to be a local leader in providing digital marketing solutions providing both turn-key and custom digital solutions for all size businesses.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Your responsibility will be to drive and grow digital business with advertisers in local communities. You'll manage business relationships to ensure that the clients' needs and requirements are met. You will serve as the driving digital sales resource within a team, collaborating with the sales staff to provide them with a comprehensive portfolio of solutions and options. This is a fast-paced, client-facing role in which you will need to be able to handle multiple clients and opportunities on a daily basis.
- Achieve sales targets set forth by HCMG digital and advertising leadership.
- Cultivate new business both self-generated and collaborate with team members to grow existing customer’s business.
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales support to ensure campaigns sold are fulfilled, this included building presentations, planning both at the rep and client level.
- Ability to interpret performance reports and communicate for both internal and external parties.
- Use performance data to make campaign recommendations that result in incremental sales.
- Develop relationships to serve as a trusted consultant with customers to optimize their digital advertising.
- Understand and adapt to HCMG’s ongoing product mix ensuring you are the go to person on your team for all things digital.
- Coach, mentor and train sales team on digital product offerings and digital industry as a whole to help them exceed in selling HCMG solutions
- Responsible for achieving digital sales goals for given area of responsibility that includes correct forecasting and pipeline management.
- Implements sales strategies to achieve revenue goals of the team.
- Expand existing digital customer base to new generate digital revenue.
- Review customer needs analysis to determine the best mix of digital products.
- Meet with key clients, negotiate and close deals.
- Exceeds sales targets both individually and at team level.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven track record of sales quota achievement
- Proven track record of selling digital marketing products (SEM, SEO, SOCIAL, VIDEO, Display)
- Proven track record of success in growing new account base
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of digital research tools and mythologies
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of the digital landscape including programmatic, native advertising and branded content
- Superior presentation, interpersonal & communications skills
- IAB Certification
- BA/BS degree
- 3 to 5 years of digital sales experience
- Salesforce, PowerPoint, Excel experience