Special Education Teacher, Spanish - Sign On Bonus
The Spanish Teacher will implement a well-planned instructional program designed to meet the educational and behavioral needs of the students and meet NYSED guidelines for curriculum and instruction.
Bachelor's Degree in Special Education or Elementary Education or Secondary Education,with the expectation of pursuing a Master's Degree in Special Education.
Certification in Special Education preferred.
1. Implement a specialized curriculum of academic instruction for educationally handicapped and non handicapped students based on individual needs.
2. Provide and maintain an environment conducive to learning.
3.Assist in writing and follow Individualized Education Plans as appropriate for each student.
4. Attend CSE meetings, treatment meetings, educational planning meetings, medical reviews for students in their homeroom.
5. Formulate and follow treatment goals as part of the treatment team for each student
6. Provide direct supervision of the Teacher Assistant and train this person to meet the needs of a Special Education classroom.
7 Participate in all required training and in-services within or outside of HGS and the Tilton School to meet HGS and NYSED guidelines for training and certification.
8. attend all staff meetings
9. Assess students behaviorial and academic progress monitoring with the IEP, progress reports,BIP's and report cards
10.Evaluate the Teacher Assistant annually on their anniversary date.
11.Implement an effective behavior management program consistent with the school program based that demonstrates positive reinforcement.
12.Complete all assessments, reports, IEP's report cards, etc in a timely manner.
13. Take part in QI training and demonstrate commitment and active participation in the agency's ongoing quality improvement program.
14. Maintain all appropriate records and documentation to obtain and sustain appropriate NYSED Teacher Certification.
15 Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
APPLY FOR ALL TEACHING POSITIONS THRU THE ONLINE APPLICATION SYSTEM (OLAS)
-Knowledge of writing and following lesson plans on daily/weekly basis.
-Ability to use and understand various assessment tools.
-Good verbal and written communication skills.
-Organized and efficient classroom management skills.
-Knowledge of behavior modifications and positive reinforcement skills.
-Valid NYS Driver's license
-Current certification in First Aid and CPR preferred.
-Good interpersonal skills.
HGS is an EOE and Drug Free Workplace
Please complete online Job Applicationhereto be considered for this position.
Why become a teacher at The House of the Good Shepherd?
Small classroom sizes! 6 students - 1 Teacher & 2 Teacher Assistants
12-month school year! No pay disruption
Plenty of PAID Vacation Time! Teachers average over 7 weeks vacation a year
Supportive work Culture! No out-of-pocket expenses to run an efficient classroom
Send us your resume for this position
*Note: Email resume as PDF or Word document in an attachment