After over 60 years in business, we're still deeply committed to Making Meals Memorable. We're the home of The World’s Best Ham™, and the secret to our success isn't a secret at all--it's our people. We're a high performance team committed to being authentic in everything we do and to living our Values in full view of the communities we serve.
We have an entrepreneurial spirit that's brought us a lot of success and we're looking for part time Associates and Seasonal Associates to join our team in our Reston store. Our perfect candidate will thrive in a fun and casual environment, pay it forward daily, and add value to the company by providing outstanding products and service to our customers in either front of house (serving customers) or back of house (food preparation).
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Assist phone customers, catering customers, in-store lunch customers and in-store retail customers, providing
- excellent service in a friendly and polite manner. Respond positively to customer requests or comments.
- Assist with food preparation, including lunch, catering and retail ham and turkey.
- Demonstrate superior product knowledge and effectively articulate product features and benefits. Drive add-on sales through suggestion selling.
- Maintain store cleanliness and merchandising standards.
- Take initiative and remain productive throughout entire shift and take responsibility for activities within your control.
- Consistently follow all processes and procedures and comply with company standards in all areas, from service to food preparation and control. Adhere to our safety, security and respectful workplace policies and procedures.
WHAT WE THINK YOU’LL NEED:
Prior customer service or food preparation experience preferred. Good communication skills and attention to detail.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive pay
- Fun and casual environment
- Flexible hours
- Fewer early mornings/late nights (our stores normally close at 6PM)
- Associate discounts on our fantastic products
- Opportunity to grow with a premier brand
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW:
Seasonal associate positions generally work the two weeks at Thanskgiving and the two weeks at Christmas - perfect schedule for students, teachers, retirees, or anyone looking to make extra income. Seasonal associates also get a FREE HAM OR TURKEY BREAST upon completion of their holiday schedule!
Physical dexterity and mobility to perform demands of the job which may include working with a hot torch or with slicing machines. Requires bending, stooping, standing for long periods, twisting and lifting products and supplies. Back of house positions may be required to lift up to 65 pounds.