The Superintendent works on-site with the construction department team in overseeing the construction of homes and works in collaboration with the Director of Single Family Home Construction to build homes within budget and in accordance with Holt Homes practices and procedures. The Superintendent interfaces with contractors and sub-contractors managing home construction timelines and provides exemplary customer service to home buyers and Holt customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The functions and duties below do not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The employee in this position will:
- Manage daily construction operations in designated communities; schedule, coordinate, supervise.
- Inspect the activities of subcontractors and vendors.
- Walk and observe construction sites daily to verify compliance with company, OSHA and local safety requirements, and ensure specifications and deadlines are met.
- Execute construction activities for each stage of construction per our procedures.
- Inspect all stages of construction on homes, to hold contractors and vendors accountable for complete work prior to approving payment.
- Ensure homes are completed within the construction schedule and prior to the scheduled closing date.
- Implement construction best practices such as organization, scheduling, material management, punch list creation/management, negotiation, trade management, payroll, safety, quality control and customer satisfaction.
- Provide on-going observation and management scope of work for each major subcontractor.
- Verify delivery of materials to construction sites; communicate delivery issues to team.
- Verify specifications/blueprints to determine trades are meeting requirements.
- Communicate with home buyers as directed; maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Schedule municipal inspections as directed and interact with inspectors.
- Maintaining community, construction sites, inventory and model homes to be sales-presentation ready.
- Schedule and manage designated warranty service calls to completion within company time goals while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Provide a high quality level of customer service to home buyers.
- Be a cooperating team member and assist other members as directed by Director of Construction Operations.
The qualifications below reflect the management’s assignment of essential qualifications.
- Workforce experience demonstrating strong desire for success, organization and leadership.
- Able to read blueprints and effectively communicate information to others.
- Able to manage time and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of principles for providing quality customer service and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to achieve goals within a stressful environment in a calm, rational, professional manor.
- Ability to use current computer and phone technologies including web-based scheduling, tablet and phone applications.
- Able to work with a flexible schedule that may require more than 40 hours work per week.
- Have exemplary record of attendance and punctuality; always be honest and ethical.
- Current, valid driver’s license and minimum state required liability insurance.
- Able to perform essential functions of position without reasonable accommodation including ability to lift 75 lbs with relative ease. Must be able to use a ladder and move easily over rough terrain and job site obstacles. Must be able to work in adverse weather and/or from job site trailer or pick-up truck.
- Have manual dexterity, eye-hand coordination, corrected vision to normal range.
- Completion and satisfactorily passing a pre-employment drug screening. Employee will be subject to mandatory post-accident drug testing for any incident that the employee is involved.
- Degree in construction management or completion of other post-secondary program in related field.
- Knowledge of business management principles such as management of people and budgeting.
- Previous experience with a production home builder.
- Construction skills including minor carpentry work, clean-up, painting and similar minor punch list tasks which are not completed by subcontractors.
- Familiarity with calendar or scheduling software.
We estimate to hire for this position in 30-45 days.
The Holt Group
Why Work Here?The Holt Group is the #1 local homebuilder in the Portland/Vancouver metro area. Since 1982, the company has developed more than 10,000 lots and homes throughout California and the Pacific Northwest.
Integrity - Knowledge - Dedication