WHY WORK WITH US: The Hiring Group provides outstanding Gold level medical benefits, pays 50% of the employee cost, and provides 2 weeks of PTO per year to our contract staff. Please see www.thehiringgroup.com for details. We take care of our technical professionals; come see why Inc. Magazine continues to rank us as one of the fastest growing private companies in the country.
We are currently seeking an experienced Automation Engineer.
This is a 2+ year contract (100% onsite)
Rate: Based on experience.
Location: Pendleton, SC
General Description: Our client is okay with local candidates or candidates that are willing to move and live in the Piedmont, SC area for the duration of the contract.
Day to day job responsibilities: The manager is looking for someone with hands on experience in troubleshooting, debugging, modifying, and integrating. They want an experienced Automation Engineer with 5+ years of experience. A 4 year degree (electrical engineering is preferred) but they will consider someone with a 2 year degree or someone with equivalent experience. This is a textile reautomation project. The position is open because a person in the department moved to another role/project. This individual will play a critical role in refurbishing an existing machine. Ultimately this is a modernizing project. There are 8 people on the team not including an external company, who is helping with a large portion if the programming efforts. This person will also interact with the maintenance department as well as operators of the machine.
Top 5 âmust haveâ technical skills for the position:
1. Automation Design Experience (machine automation). Experience working in the field on machines in a production environment. Machine design experience in a team environment. Machine functional safety experience.
2. Rockwell PLCs, RSLogix (Rockwell Software), HMIs, Rockwell and Emerson AC/DC drives, Rockwell Networks, and Controls
3. Ability to read and understand drawlings (Debug and understand drawings using SolidWorks)
4. SOLID knowledge and understanding of the Life Cycle of an Engineering Project (1. Conceptualization, 2. Feasibility, 3. Preliminary Engineering / Planning, 4. Detailed Design, 5. Execution, 6. Testing and commissioning)
5. Experience working with Electrical Control Panel
2. A good mechanical aptitude with mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems is a plus.
Cultural Attributes Desired:
- Gets along with others.
- Strong social skills.
- Good natured.
- Sense of humor.
- Not a yes person.
- If there is a question or problem let the company know. The company and the team members want to make project a success more than they want to be correct/right.
- Good attitude.
- Not a mentality of this is not in my job description.
- Willing to get hands dirty.
- Someone who SHOWS UP ON TIME!
- Team mentality.
- Someone who is dedicated.
- They don't want to have to teach someone everything.
Machine Safety (Laser area scanners, light curtains, safety relays, safety controllers, safety PLCs)
Automation Level 0 (sensors, wires, cables, I/O, bar code readers, camera arrays)
Automation Level 1 [Rockwell PLCs: PLC5, SLC, CLX; Rockwell HMIs (Legacy and New)]
Drives / Motion [Rockwell & Emerson AC/DC drives (Legacy and New)]
Networking (EthernetIP, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Remote IO, DH+)
Additional information: They will work with design, investigations, troubleshooting and programming PLCs, HMIs, networks, and drives. They will also need to assist with debugging of equipment, working with timelines, budgets, project and drawing reviews, and compliance reviews. This person needs to have Rockwell Control/Logic PLC programs and HMIs, AutoCAD 2D drawings, able to read existing drawings, installation, integration, and simulation's experience. They will need to be able to commission, program, debug and troubleshoot, and work with machine safety, communication panels, Ethernet, and AC/DC variable speed drives. They must have experience with machine functional safety. They must have experience in the field, working with all users including engineers, maintenance techs, and end users of the machines. They will also be asked to assist with issues in the plant and help troubleshoot those issues.
Other things to note:
MUST be willing to work on holidays (Easter, July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas, to name a few). The work happens during the shutdowns which occur on holidays.
Projected Start Date: ASAP
Will you please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram?