Summary of the Position - Key Results Area
The Administrative Coordinator must be comfortable with computers, general office tasks and excel at both verbal and written communication. The candidate will be responsible for supporting tasks and projects in both the Headmaster’s Office and the Office of Strategy Management. In a shared role, the Assistant will perform project management, review monthly budget and expense accounts, participate in event planning, and perform traditional administrative type tasks to maintain organization and efficiency for the Headmaster and the Chief Strategy Officer.
Essential Priorities of the Position*
1. Headmaster’s Office
In partnership with other team members, the Administrative Coordinator will support a portion of the Headmaster’s work. He/she will be responsible but not limited to the following tasks:
- Headmaster Special Projects: visual, branding, aesthetic projects requiring moderate graphic design proficiency.
- Event and meeting coordination in partnership with the Office of Strategy Management, Sodexo or other food service vendor, and Facilities.
- Women of The Hill (WOTH) event planning and support for the Headmaster’s spouse.
- Produce and distribute holiday cards and order holiday decorations for the School annually.
- Assist the Associate Headmaster and the Chief Strategy Officer with strategic design work.
- Cover for the Executive Assistant during time off.
2. Office of Strategy Management
The Administrative Coordinator will work with the Office of Strategy Management, a team of 13 talented, dynamic communication and relationship specialists.
- The Assistant will work closely with the Chief Strategy Officer to help with calendar planning, email communication, travel planning, and budget management including expense reports.
- Candidate will perform project management for smaller scale projects within the Office of Strategy Management.
- He/she will handle tasks for the Office of Strategy Management, including but not limited to supply procurement, maintenance and IT task requests, and other needs to maintain the office spaces.
*The Assistant’s primary work station will be in the Headmaster’s Office but he/she is expected to routinely be stopping by the Chief Strategy Officer’s and OSM offices. He/she will have the needed resources to attend meetings out of the office.
Attitude and Demeanor:
- Publicly support the mission and vision of The Hill School in a positive and professional manner.
- Work as a dynamic team member in a professional collaborative environment.
- Think proactively and anticipate the needs of others.
- Communicate effectively with warmth, sensitivity, and understanding as s/he deals with administrative colleagues, teachers, students, alumni, parents, faculty, staff, and program associates.
- Possess a “service attitude” and a willingness to be flexible to meet the needs of the department.
- Actively participate in the life of The Hill School by becoming knowledgeable about curricular and co-curricular programs.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Sharepoint.
- Moderately proficient with Adobe InDesign and Illustrator.
- Knowledge of document management and retention best practices.
- Self-motivated, extremely collaborative and curious about people, experiences, and communications.
- The skill to manage a large workload including several projects/activities at one time, work under pressure and still meet deadlines, effectively incorporate feedback, and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Superior organizational, time management, oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment and handle confidential matters with discretion.
- The ability to work evenings and weekends.
· This position includes sitting, standing, kneeling for filing, and walking from office to office. The position will use a computer, including keyboard and monitor throughout each workday. Visual acuity to type, read, and recognize students is required. Hearing ability is required to communicate with co-workers, students, and parents in person and via telephone.