Service Operations Manager
- Posted: 18 days ago
General Job Description:
The Service Operations Manager is responsible for managing the field and office operations of the commercial HVAC service department.
- Responsible for management of the service department operations team consisting of twenty-four (24) union Pipefitter Mechanics as well as office personnel to ensure customer needs are being met and work is being completed in a safe, efficient, and high-quality manner.
- Responsible for coordination with the company’s Building Automation Department as needed.
- Responsible for managing and supporting the Dispatch position, which is the communications hub for servicing our customers, scheduling, and supporting mechanics, as well as coordinating with BAS programmers and account executives.
- Responsible for managing the administrative functions for the life cycle of work orders:
- Customer/site setup and work order creation.
- Managing work order completion including prioritizing between jobs, emergency calls, and preventative maintenance contracts.
- Monitoring and follow-up on the completion of work to ensure timely billing and customer satisfaction.
- Management of safety, quality, and efficiency programs and initiatives.
- Responsible for asset management (equipment tracking, refrigerant, safety PPE, etc)
- Responsible for service technology (ERP system support for dispatch, field tablets, Dispatch and afterhours phone system, company resource apps for vehicles and safety)
- Responsible managing technical training programs and certifications.
- Responsible for new employee onboarding.
Specific Job Skills/Requirements:
- Prior Operations Management experience.
- General knowledge about mechanical equipment and systems is preferred.
- Experience and knowledge in service and business processes including dispatching, scheduling, purchasing, and invoicing (life cycle of a work order).
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Organizational and delegating capabilities.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop and analyze department data including KPIs of the department.
- Computer ability with Microsoft Windows Programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams).
The Hill Group
BusinessView all jobs at The Hill Group
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?