Project Manager - Architectural
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
General Job Scope:
The Hill Architectural Division Assistant Project Manager has the responsibility to complete any project as necessary within schedule and budgetary constraints, track and manage daily project activities, coordinate and facilitate construction drawings and employ lean principles on every project. Additionally, the Assistant Project Manager assists the project team, and superintendent throughout the duration of the project.
The Hill Assistant Project Manager works with Project Manager in a mentorship relationship to allow for slow steady growth and development of the PM as it relates to their sales, business development, engineering and project management skills.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Understand take-off techniques and metal panel systems.
- Perform material counts & take-offs.
- Solicit proposals from vendors and subcontractors as required.
- Develop estimate and proposal for project opportunities
Project Management & Construction
- Contract reviews
- Generate and manage submittals
- Development and maintenance of the submittal logs.
- Manage document updates and associated logs.
- Development of preconstruction & construction schedules.
- Assist with QA/QC of material received and installation.
- Assist engineering with shop drawing preparation and relative to scope.
- Develop and maintain the labor tracking documents.
- Preparation of monthly project reports.
- Project cost control.
- Communication (RFI’s, Change Orders, Submittals)
- Purchase orders and vendor management.
- Understand flow on a construction site
- Understand construction drawings
- Understand basic trades responsibilities other than Architectural Metals
- Help promote and manage safety on projects.
- Prepare closeout documentation documents
- Build relationship with owners, GC’s, and vendors.
- Business development fundamentals and soft skills
Skills & Requirements:
- 2-5 years experience in the construction industry.
- Experience in AutoCAD or Revit is strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architectural Engineering, or related field
The Hill Group
AddressFranklin Park, IL
TechnologyView all jobs at The Hill Group