This position requires relocation to WaterSound, FL (Relocation assistance provided)
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for organizing and effectively executing the administrative activities that facilitate the efficient and successful completion of multiple construction projects.
You will be responsible for the activities on specific projects in preparation of construction management scopes, and determining levels of effort for its execution. The position manages all aspects associated with the construction administration of construction projects; project budgets, schedules, supply chain management, customer service, Project Superintendent, etc. Individual will be responsible for producing quality deliverables on-time and within budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to a high standard;
- Regularly conduct pre-construction conferences and construction progress meetings, prepare & distribute meeting minutes, identify and resolve issues, and react to feedback from architects, engineers, subcontractors, vendors, and other project team members;
- Procurement process management to include; Subcontract Agreement preparation and Buy-out; Purchase Orders; Subcontractor Pay Applications and Change Orders; Subcontractor Change Order Directives; Lien Waivers, Warranties, among others;
- Management of Correspondence to include; RFI’s; Submittals; Transmittals; Comply Notices; Journal Logs; and Daily Log Reviews;
- Management of the construction budget, job costs monitoring and control;
- Develop and maintain project schedule and communicate changes to supply chain and project management team;
- Support and assist Project Superintendents to insure effective completion of project objectives;
- Maintain safety on projects, and adherence to OSHA safety standards;
- Interpret and explain construction plans and identify appropriate construction methods;
- Identify pertinent Local, County, State, and/or Federal government regulations and general code requirements, ADA requirements, permitting processes and requirements, and accepted building practices, materials and techniques.
- Responsible for keeping all parties of the contract informed of clarifications and interpretations as required for proper execution of the contract.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE DESIRED
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to fulfill the obligations of this position successfully.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field preferred. Individuals with a High School Diploma or equivalent and significant related construction experience will be considered.
- 5-10 years’ experience successfully managing large construction projects
- Certifications in safety, OSHA training, and general continuing education
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR, ABILITIES REQUIRED
- The Candidate must be able to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times primarily as it relates to interactions with fellow employees, clients, vendors and, others whom assist us in our operations.
- Candidate must possess excellent communication skills to include written, oral and, interpersonal skills.
- Proficient use of technology and all major office-related computer applications, including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software (Microsoft Office or similar) are required. Further the applicant must be comfortable with cloud-based applications, not merely computer-based ones. Additionally, training on company specific software will be required therefore, the Candidate must be willing and committed to learning and becoming proficient in new software programs quickly.
- This position is a field-based and office-based position, as required. Carrying or handling materials may be necessary.
- This position requires that the individual holding it provide his or her own transportation, a valid Driver License, and sufficient automobile insurance coverage.
Highland Group LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
The Highland Group, LLC
Why Work Here?The Highland Group is a construction firm offering a broad range of services to our clients throughout the Southeastern US. We use time tested practices, but also seek new ways to do it better. If you are looking for a company that makes decisions in your best interest; we would welcome the opportunity to earn your business.
The Highland Group offers: Growth Potential, Fast-Paced Work Environment, and an Outstanding Company Culture