The Sales & Service Associate is an essential member of the Hertz Local Edition team and is the brand ambassador, providing the fastest, easiest, and most valued experience to our customers. This sales commissioned team member provides world class customer service and professionally and effectively sells Hertz products and services to meet the customer’s travel and insurance replacements needs.
R esponsibility of a Sales and Service Associate includes:
- Effectively communicate and offer ancillary products and services to enhance customer’s travel experience.
- Strong emphasis on selling and revenue maximization on core products such as, but not limited to, options to waive customer’s responsibility of damage, fuel options and vehicle upsells.
- Achieve personal sales goals while supporting the goals of the team.
- Work in a fast paced sales environment, providing helpful, quality service and sales, while enhancing the customer’s rental experience.
- Convert phone shops to reservations and rentals
- Creating a positive customer service experience by listening to and identifying customer needs
- Engaging customers in a courteous professional manner and ensuring overall customer satisfaction and service
- Maximize revenue opportunities with customers by actively soliciting business after every rate quote, addressing/overcoming customer objections to placing a reservation, utilizing various sales techniques as appropriate to obtain every possible booking.
- Assist customers with various post rental inquiries that involve the rental and billing process.
- Viewing every customer contact as a sales opportunity and soliciting reservations on customer service calls.
- Demonstrate good communication skills both written and oral. Communicate in English clearly and proficiently. Candidates fluent in other languages are encouraged to apply.
- Have the competitive drive and confidence to succeed in a commission-based environment.
- Work in a fast paced environment with a variety of tasks. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrate sales, professionalism and interpersonal skills.
- Show a high level of ownership, accountability and initiative.
- Show proven experience of working well within a team.
- Work flexible shifts including weekends and holidays; and work overtime as required.
- Work outdoors during all weather conditions.
- Stand for long periods of time.
Location hrs - M-F 7AM-6PM, Sat 8AM-1PM.
Qualified applicants will have the following:
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- A valid driver's license with record in good standing
- Ability to drive and operate vehicles
- Fluency in English
- 1-2 years of customer service and sales experience.
Applicant must possess all auditory, speaking and communicating capabilities necessary to complete the responsibilities detailed above. The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following: sitting, standing, walking, bending and twisting, climbing, driving, pushing and pulling, speaking, hearing, writing, lifting, typing, filing, seeing, reading and the ability to use a computer, telephone, calculator, copy machine and fax machine.
Hertz is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.
Hertz is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Hertz is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
Job ID 176786
\# Positions _1_
Category Administrative / Clerical
Position Type Regular Part Time