Thrifty and Hertz are looking for exceptional Customer Service Reps for our Portland Airport location. Come join our team and spend the summer season helping customer, getting in your steps and seeing the sunshine!
We offer an hourly wage $14.50/hour plus commission on pre-paid fuel, navigation addons, and insurance sales depending on position. This can be anywhere from $250.00 a month and up with some reps in the $1k range. We offer fantastic benefits including medical, dental, vision, commuter assistance, life insurance, long/short term disability, pet insurance.
The Counter Sales Representative is an essential member of the airport location team and is the brand ambassador, providing the fastest, easiest, and most valued experience to our customers. This sales commissioned team member provides world class customer service and professionally and effectively sells Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group products and services to meet the customer’s travel needs.
The key responsibilitiesandaccountability are:
- Effectively communicate and offer ancillary products and services to enhance customer’s travel experience.
- Strong emphasis on selling and revenue maximization on core products such as, but not limited to, options to waive customer’s responsibility of damage, fuel options and vehicle upsells.
- Achieve personal sales goals while supporting the goals of the team.
- Work in a fast paced sales environment, providing helpful, quality service and sales, while enhancing the customer’s rental experience.
- Provide world class customer service by managing the rentals and returns process, in compliance with Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group’s policies and procedures
- Qualify and process customer rentals with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Drive continuous improvement by communicating customer feedback to team and engaging in action planning to improve operational performance and customer satisfaction.
- Resolve customer issues and concerns professionally using effective customer service techniques.
- Maintain appearance appropriate for providing best in class customer service in accordance with established guidelines.
High School Diploma or equivalent
A minimum of one year of sales or customer experience in a high volume or service oriented environment
Passion for customer service and attention to detail – Goes the extra mile
Proven strong sales and closing skills and the ability to friendly, engaging manner
Motivated to achieve and exceed targeted goals
Strong computer proficiency, including typing skills and the ability to navigate through multiple computer systems
Proficiency in English
Must be able to:
- Demonstrate good communication skills both written and oral. Communicate in English clearly and proficiently. Candidates fluent in other languages are encouraged to apply.
- Have the competitive drive and confidence to succeed in a commission-based environment.
- Work in a fast paced environment with a variety of tasks. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrate sales, professionalism and interpersonal skills.
- Show a high level of ownership, accountability and initiative.
- Show proven experience of working well within a team.
- Work flexible shifts including weekends and holidays; and work overtime as required.
- Work outdoors during all weather conditions.
- Stand for long periods of time.
Applicant must possess all hearing, speaking and communicating capabilities necessary to complete the responsibilities detailed above. The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following such as sitting, standing, speaking, hearing, writing, typing, filing, seeing, and reading. Knowledge of equipment operation such as computer terminal, telephone, calculator, and fax machine is required.
Must be over 20 years old and have valid Driver's License. Plus pass drug screen including marijuana and a background test.
Dollar Thrifty is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.
Dollar Thrifty is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Dollar Thrifty is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
Job ID 170111
\# Positions _3_
Category Sales - Sales
Position Type Regular Full Time