The Express Agent is responsible for processing car rental transactions for Express customers, utilizing approved sales techniques to offer and sell incremental car rental products, and providing customer service with the car rental experience.
- Process car rental transactions for Express customers, and prepare and create rental agreements through use of computer system.
- Greet customers, and disclose rates, terms and conditions of rental while using approved sales techniques to encourage customers to utilize incremental car rental products; obtain customer signatures when needed.
- Assists customers with directions, and review and resolve rental contract and vehicle issues; process vehicle exchanges.
- Instruct customers on how to update their profiles.
- Organize and maintain cleanliness of rental office/cashier booth area.
- Enter and maintain information in location logs, as required.
- Distribute keys.
- Knowledge and skill in the operation of car rental software and hardware
- Knowledge of car rental operations
- Ability to manage stressful and unusual situations while maintaining good customer relations
- Good organizational skills with the ability to write clearly and concisely
- Ability to speak and understand English
- Car rental product knowledge and ability to use effective and approved sales techniques, as required
- Ability to type and perform accurate data entry
- Ability to process all paper according to policies and procedures
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Prefer 9 to 12 months car rental or sales experience
- Valid driver's license as required by state.
- At least 20 years old
Special Job Dimensions:
- Varied hours. Job involves a high level of customer contact, occasionally dealing with disagreeable or irate customers
Dollar Thrifty is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.
Dollar Thrifty is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Dollar Thrifty is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
Job ID 172998
\# Positions _4_
Category Administrative / Clerical
Position Type Regular Full Time