The Branch Manager I represents all Hertz Global brands to our customers, community leaders, business partners, vendors and government entities. This position is primarily responsible for the successful delivery and oversight of the Hertz product to internal and external customers. This position provides overall leadership to all employees with responsibility for overall operating performance, customer satisfaction, positive employee culture, safety, service, budgets, and vendor relations. The Branch Manager I is responsible to have in-depth knowledge of operations, management, logistics, technology and financial disciplines. The leader must have a proven track record for decisive actions backed by analytical thinking, goal-directed leadership and service-oriented performance. This leader will deliver results through leadership, direction, alignment and motivation.
- Develop, monitor, modify and assure compliance with the annual business plan to ensure the profitability of the business unit
- Direct and organize all reservations and pick-ups, develop relationships with existing vendors such as Lyft, Uber and Pep-boys
- Develop and implement location strategies to maximize profitability and revenue management opportunities including revenue per unit, etc
- Handle or assist in the resolution of customer service issues
- Ensure a high level of customer service is maintained at or above the area goals
- Coach all staff and empower staff to engage in problem resolution and customer relations
- Be active in attending/hosting outside sales meetings or events to promote the company and branch location
- Continue to increase the market penetration of the branch and increase revenue
- Develop, communicate, and monitor location and individual objectives and consumer knowledge of brands and services, ensuring that they are in line with overall corporate objectives
- Actively participate in the training, coaching, and mentoring of all Branch staff
- Complete performance reviews with all Branch staff discuss strengths and development opportunities
- Hold weekly staff meetings to keep employees motivated and informed of business operations
- Conduct Monthly Business Reviews with Branch staff to ensure KPI knowledge
- Maintain an environment of positive employee relations
- Ensure that all corporate policies and procedures are administered and followed appropriately by all personnel.
- Shift hours may vary depending upon business need.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent)
- Previous management experience in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in car rental, hospitality, or tourism a plus
- Result orientation with demonstrated history of success
- Demonstrated ability to direct and motivate teams
- Proficiency in Technology
- Financial and business acumen
- Customer service resolution practices
- Excellent communication techniques
- Sales Management/Coaching ability
- Labor & Employment laws
- Operations Management
- Project Management
- Analysis and report modeling understanding
- Highly organized.
- Ability to interface with multi-faceted, cross-functional teams
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft office suite. Ability to handle complex analysis using Excel. Strong knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Strong Time Management skills
- Customer service aptitude - Ability to address and resolve customer service issues
- Flexible and able to adapt to changes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Hertz is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.
Hertz is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Hertz is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
Job ID 177367
\# Positions _1_
Category Management - Operations Management
Position Type Regular Full Time