The Hermitage Club at Haystack Mountain Brattleboro, VT
- Expired: January 01, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you looking for a fun, rewarding job at a private, world-class ski club? Come join our team as a Lift Operator!
The primary goal is to provide exceptional service for the members and guests of The Hermitage Club. A lift operator is responsible for the safety of members and guests as they load, ride, and unload the chairlifts, assist members and guests as necessary, answer questions, provide recommendations and assistance in meeting their needs in a positive, friendly, and enthusiastic manner.
After an orientation period and on-the-job-training, the successful candidate will be expected to;
- Greet all members and guests with a smile and enthusiasm.
- Work safely and maintain consciousness of safety at all times, while maintaining the ability to make quick decisions
- Oversee and assist in the safe loading and unloading of guests loading and unloading from lifts.
- Verify passes/lift tickets, as required.
- Assist in snow removal, daily set-up, and routine maintenance of work area.
- Provide trail and condition information and offer instructions, as necessary.
- Assist other departments, as required by operational needs.
- Work closely with Ski Patrol and Lift Maintenance to assist and resolve any issues that may arise
- Perform pre-operational checks and maintain reports and log books, as required.
- Answer guest questions and direct them to locations and services at the Club, as requested.
- Valid driver's license with no restrictions. Must complete a satisfactory MVR check.
- Must be at least 18 (eighteen) years of age.
- Prior lift operations and/or ski resort experience is a plus.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Able to pull, lift, and/or move 75 (seventy-five) lbs or more.
- Able to shovel snow for long periods of time.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to read, write and understand English and keep a daily log.
- Must display a positive attitude and exhibit willingness to work in the capacity of your supervisor's requests.
- Willing and able to work outside in wintry weather conditions.
- Willing to adhere to the appearance code of the Hermitage Club & the Lifts department.
- Willing to operate within the guidelines of the Hermitage Club's safety policy.
- Need to be flexible and willing to encounter unpredictable circumstances and change.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management or supervisor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
The Hermitage Club at Haystack Mountain is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
The Hermitage Club at Haystack Mountain participates in E-Verify.