Associate Strategy + M&A
- Posted: over a month ago
Location: Indianapolis, IN
The Associate will be expected to strategically apply critical thinking, ask questions and form judgments, with an emphasis placed on the ability to master the details while also seeing the big picture. The ideal candidate will have already mastered data manipulation and analysis, be familiar with financial modeling, and be adept at synthesizing diligence information from multiple sources and contributing a reasoned opinion on deal merits and risks. As a small group, we encourage one another to respectfully challenge the thinking of others, and this individual must be comfortable sharing an alternative viewpoint. This position will have the opportunity to (i) work on new investment opportunities, including financial modeling, industry research, market analysis, and other due diligence, (ii) participate in strategic value creation initiatives within the THG portfolio, and (iii) work on other special projects for THG's executive team. Importantly, you will have direct exposure and interaction with our companies and their management teams.
Necessary Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with high academic achievement
- 1+ years experience in/around corporate finance, accounting, or strategy; relevant experience includes investment banking, principal investing, strategic consulting, corporate finance/M&A, transaction advisory services, or public accounting
- Unquestionable level of integrity
- Willingness to roll up their sleeves and get hands dirty regardless of title/level
- Naturally inclined to put the team before personal interests and celebrates group achievement over individual performance
- High standards - deliver work product with minimal or no mistakes
- Proactive in determining next steps in a project and recommending a course of action
- Strong organizational skills and detail-orientation
- Experience in building financial models
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Strong research skills, particularly as it relates to conducting industry and company diligence
- Capable of mining and analyzing large amounts of data and distilling into salient conclusions
- Experience in sustainability, construction, chemicals, environmental services, or energy is preferred, but not required
The Heritage Group (THG) is a family-owned business that over the past 90+ years has built a diverse set of prominent, growth-oriented private and public companies. As a key thought leader and resource for THG, the Strategy and M&A (S+M&A) team is charged with executing new platform investments, add-on acquisitions for portfolio companies and value creation initiatives across the THG portfolio. Team members have backgrounds in private equity, investment banking, business operations, and strategy consulting.
The Heritage Group's philosophy is that our greatest asset is our people. Our S+M&A team places a strong emphasis on both personal and professional development, and our goal is to hire individuals who will remain with THG for their entire career.
The Heritage Group welcomes the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of all to work together to accomplish our goals
The Heritage Group
BusinessView all jobs at The Heritage Group
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?