RECREATION & ADVENTURE SPECIALIST
The Heritage Community Provo, UT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Full-time. Flexibility with shift times required, as work schedule will include consistent evening and weekend shifts, based on planned recreation activities.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully coach and mentor adolescents.
- Assertiveness to learn and continually enhance knowledge and understanding of complex trauma and mental health.
- Excellent physical condition and ability to work in all weather conditions. Work tasks require frequent physical exertion, with the ability to stand, walk, or hike over rough surfaces/terrain, as well as bend, crouch, stoop, stretch, reach, and lift moderately heavy items (up to 50 lbs.) in a recurring manner and/or for long periods of time.
- Leadership skills with tenacity to oversee recreation groups and adventures, while maintaining purpose and positivity.
- Engaging and empathetic character, with the balance of tenacity and determination.
- Good problem-solving, decisiveness, and teamwork skills.
- Proficient in oral communication and interpersonal-relationship skills.
- Good written, professional writing skills, with basic computer skills.
- Develop, plan, and implement recreation, adventure, and leisure activities for the students, best suited for Elevate Academy’s vision and purpose, throughout the year, across all seasons.
- Assess activity effectiveness and utilize the best, up-to-date practices in the field.
- Attend weekly Treatment Team meetings, coming prepared to report on therapeutic progression of the students. Work collaboratively with clinical Therapists and other Treatment Team members to develop strategic goals and objectives for each student that will guide them forward in their healing.
- Ensure that a healthy, comfortable, safe, and caregiving environment is maintained.
- Reliably intercede and successfully mediate any conflicts at hand, or any time a student needs further support and guidance.
- Develop close, personal, and emotionally supportive relationships with the students to coach them in their treatment progression.
- Previous therapeutic recreation experience desired. Experience in residential care or wilderness programs will be competitive.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Therapeutic Recreation, Recreation Management, or similar field preferred.
- A valid Driver’s License, and no more than one traffic violation on driving record in the past three years in order to be approved to drive company vehicles.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older to apply.
- Proficiency and fluency in speaking, understanding, reading, and writing English.
- Competitive compensation with potential of a quarterly bonus.
- Comprehensive benefits package: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life.
- Health Savings Account options.
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan after one-year of continuous employment, with the company matching up to 4% of contributions.
- VTO and PTO, with hours accruing upon hire.
- Relevant field experience and training.
- Sundance Resort Corporate Passes.
The Heritage Community
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at The Heritage Community