Software Developer I or II (Hybrid) - Biotechnology High Performance C
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Join the HJF Team!
The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine (HJF) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing military medicine. We serve military, medical, academic and government clients by administering, managing and supporting preeminent scientific programs that benefit members of the armed forces and civilians alike. Since its founding in 1983, HJF has served as a vital link between the military medical community and its federal and private partners. HJF's support and administrative capabilities allow military medical researchers and clinicians to maintain their scientific focus and accomplish their research goals.
This position will be in support of the U.S. Army Medical Research and Development Command’s Biotechnology High Performance Computing Software Applications Institute (BHSAI).
The BHSAI mission is to develop computational solutions to accelerate the research and development of militarily relevant medical products for Force Health Protection. The Institute collaborates with life scientists within and outside the Department of Defense (DoD) to develop and integrate computational biology and medical informatics applications into research programs focused on improving the medical protection and care of our military personnel. The close computational-experimental interactions provide the foundation for the successful execution of our mission.
HJF is seeking a Software Developer I or II to create and maintain a wide variety of software solutions to support life science research areas. We are looking for Full Stack Developers with expertise and interests in a broad range of areas, including the following: Android/iOS app development, writing scientific code for parallel processing and developing visualization solutions for complex scientific data.
- Design and build mobile applications for Android platforms.
- Collaborate with scientists and fellow software developers to define, design and implement new features.
- Keep updated with the latest mobile application development technologies.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong computer science fundamentals.
- Expertise in one or more programming languages: Java, Kotlin, Python, C, or C++.
- Experience using a source code version control system, such as Git.
- Knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD. Good written and oral communication skills.
- Hands on experience in professional software development in one or more of the following areas: Android/iOS applications, web-based applications using Java Platform, and graphical user interfaces.
- Must have lived in the U.S. 3 out of the past 5 years; eligible to obtain and maintain a Tier I investigation/ Public Trust and a Common Access Card (CAC).
- This position will take place primarily in an office setting.
Education and Experience
- Level I: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field. Minimum of 0-2 years experience required.
- Level II: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field. Minimum of 3-5 years experience required.
All HJF employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination or an approved religious or medical accommodation will be required.
For more than 30 years, HJF has committed to a singular mission: advancing military medicine. We were authorized by Congress to do this and serve as a trusted and responsive link between the military medical community, its federal and private partners, and millions of American service families, veterans and civilians who rely every day on the advances and quality of life that result from this work.
We use our mission understanding to create innovative solutions that are purpose-built for our partners’ goals.
At HJF, you will become an important part of a mission-driven team.
The Henry M. Jackson Foundation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?