Psychometrist - Consortium for Health and Military Performance
The Henry M. Jackson Foundation Camp Lejeune, NC
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k
Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Psychometrist to support the Consortium for Health and Military Performance (CHAMP) within the Department of Military and Emergency Medicine (MEM) located in Camp Lejeune, NC. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to CHAMP/MEM. US citizenship is required.
Administers neuropsychological, psychological and computerized neurocognitive tests to active duty military personnel and ensures the accuracy and reliability of the tests. Conducts neurofeedback training.
- Performs assigned psychological testing procedures under the direct supervision of a credentialed privileged clinical psychologist, operational psychologist, or neuropsychologist. Assists in scheduling for psychological testing and neurofeedback. Enters test data into databases and assists with database management. (35%)
- Performs basic assessment procedures, including initial screening and evaluation, as well as standardized neuropsychological, computerized neurocognitive, intelligence, and personality testing in both group settings and on an individual basis. (10%)
- Observes, monitors, reports, and records patient interaction during assessment sessions. Institutes precautionary measures to prevent patient injuries due to suicide, homicide, or elopement. (10%)
- Assists credentialed providers with identifying mental health diagnosis and treatment strategies, providing specialized treatment and rehabilitation of brain injured and mental health patients, and providing patient education. (10%)
- Coordinates with other military agencies and medical treatment facilities regarding specialized care, treatment, and administrative functions. Contacts agencies to obtain collateral information. Assists in or arranges for patient referral to other facilities for alternate level of care. (10%)
- Provides neurofeedback training to active duty service members to improve cognitive functioning under the supervision of a Neuropsychologist, Clinical Psychologist, or Performance Psychologist. Makes changes in techniques and parameters as needed. Documents any changes in recording parameters and conditions as they occur. Training in neurofeedback is provided in the absence of prior experience. (15%)
- For Neurofeedback training, selects the electrodes which are best suited for the client. Makes changes in techniques and parameters as needed depending on the situation. Documents any changes in recording parameters and conditions as they occur. (10%)
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Thorough understanding of the methodology of administering a variety of psychometric tests. Ability to interpret results of psychometric tests and to communicate results in an understandable manner. Organization and planning are highly desired abilities.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in psychology, sociology or related behavioral science required.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience required.
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: Certification by the Board of Certified Psychometrists (BCP) is strongly preferred. Possesses and maintains current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) as certified by the American Heart Association.
Background/Security: U.S. citizenship required; eligible to obtain and maintain a Tier III Investigation/ Secret Clearance.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.
For more than 30 years, HJF has committed to a singular mission: advancing military medicine. We were authorized by Congress to do this and serve as a trusted and responsive link between the military medical community, its federal and private partners, and millions of American service families, veterans and civilians who rely every day on the advances and quality of life that result from this work.
We use our mission understanding to create innovative solutions that are purpose-built for our partners’ goals.
At HJF, you will become an important part of a mission-driven team.
The Henry M. Jackson FoundationWhy Work Here?
When you join our team, you serve one of our nearly 1,000 research programs that include advanced surgery, biomedical defense, and more!
Are you ready to make a difference in military medicine? For more than 30 years, HJF has committed to a singular mission: advancing military medicine. We were authorized by Congress to do this and serve as a trusted and responsive link between the military medical community, its federal and private partners, and millions of American service families, veterans and civilians who rely every day on the advances and quality of life that result from this work. We use our mission understanding to create innovative solutions that are purpose-built for our partners’ goals. At HJF, you will become an important part of a mission-driven team.
2475 Iwo Jima BlvdCamp Lejeune, NC