Program Manager I or II (Hybrid)
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
Join the HJF Team!
The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine (HJF) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing military medicine. We serve military, medical, academic and government clients by administering, managing and supporting preeminent scientific programs that benefit members of the armed forces and civilians alike. Since its founding in 1983, HJF has served as a vital link between the military medical community and its federal and private partners. HJF's support and administrative capabilities allow military medical researchers and clinicians to maintain their scientific focus and accomplish their research goals.
HJF is seeking a Program Manager who will provide administrative project oversight to maximize the effective use of project resources. Assists Program Managers in program management in the areas of budget and accounting, space management, personnel management, overall management, contracts, and purchasing areas. Works on problems of limited scope, applying a basic understanding of organizational objectives, budgeting processes, and project management principles.
This position will be in support of The Center for Neuroscience and Regenerative Medicine (CNRM), in Bethesda, MD. CNRM is a federal military traumatic brain injury (TBI) research program organized as a partnership between the Uniformed Services University and the National Institutes of Health. CNRM supports a wide range of research from pre-clinical models to investigational projects and clinical trials research on TBI and its comorbidities.
- Monitors activities to ensure adherence to scope of work.
- Tracks outcomes and trends of programs.
- Maintains archive of documents required to support pre/post award management.
- Supervises program staff, including assigning and reviewing work and providing guidance.
- Develops and manages program plans from inception to deployment, applying project management methodology and enforcing best practice standards.
- Manages budget, including monitoring revenues and expenditures.
- Coordinates purchases, subcontract actions, and hiring.
- Works with project stakeholders to ensure detailed business and technical requirements are defined to ensure success in program.
- Interacts with project stakeholders, under guidance of other Program Management staff, by facilitating information flow between research staff, Principal Investigators, project sponsors, research administrators in the administration of agreements and contracts and research compliance.
- Participates in the development, maintenance, dissemination and continual process improvement of standard operating procedures.
- May include budgetary responsibility to include plan/forecast, prepare, approve, monitor.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to manage budgets, to include forecasting, monitoring and tracking trends.
- Knowledge of organizational objectives and office automation.
- Ability to work completely independently, use sound judgement in solving problems, and coordinate many complex systems and programs simultaneously.
- Knowledge of project management principles, and good communications, customer/client relationship skills and people management experience.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Uniform Guidance - A government-wide framework for grants management.
- Assigned Lead: May recommend the following: employee hiring, disciplinary action, and starting salaries; provide input on employee performance evaluations.
- This position will take place primarily in an office setting.
- Hybrid schedule, 2 days in office.
Education and Experience
- Level 1
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience required.
- Level 2
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum of 6- years experience required.
All HJF employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination or an approved religious or medical accommodation will be required.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, education and credentials, a criminal background check, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check if applicable. Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Apply for this job online
For more than 30 years, HJF has committed to a singular mission: advancing military medicine. We were authorized by Congress to do this and serve as a trusted and responsive link between the military medical community, its federal and private partners, and millions of American service families, veterans and civilians who rely every day on the advances and quality of life that result from this work.
We use our mission understanding to create innovative solutions that are purpose-built for our partners’ goals.
At HJF, you will become an important part of a mission-driven team.
The Henry M. Jackson Foundation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?