Plans and Budget Support Specialist - Defense POW/MIA Agency
The Henry M. Jackson Foundation Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam, HI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Plans and Budget Support Specialist to support the Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency (DPAA) located at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam in Honolulu, HI. HJF provides scientific, technical, and programmatic support services to DPAA. U.S. citizenship required. This position is remote during COVID-19 and will require someone who can be on site upon reengagement.
The Plans and Budget Support position will improve DPAA’s ability to develop and monitor annual, program-wide plans and budgets for the Partnerships and Innovations Directorate.
- Work directly with the PI Directorate leadership to help formulate informed annual plans and budgets for partnership activities, and closely with PI personnel in related areas (innovation, operations, etc.).
- Monitor current-year projects and programs for compliance with fiscal requirements and thresholds.
- Identify and track future-year projects and programs in order to develop best-fit partnership solutions.
- Assist DPAA’s PI Directorate leadership by monitoring the activities of the rest of the directorate as well as the agency at large, identifying potential impacts to, or opportunities for, partnership plans and budgets.
- Contribute to annual assessment process that evaluates performance of PI Directorate.
- Occasionally travel for partnership development or assistance, or other activities as required by DPAA.
- Comply with all DPAA requirements for reporting and coordinate and all plans and results through all appropriate channels.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Work directly and independently with clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Serve as an Agency-wide and cross-organizational (HJF-DPAA) conduit for defined programmatic partnership planning and budgeting issues. Respond to all requests/inquiries within 48 hours of receipt.
- Develop objectives, milestones, and resource requirements for the entire unit under guidance of the DPAA in each annual cycle.
- Assist other team members as they develop objectives, milestones, and resource requirements for individual projects and activities.
- Develop, facilitate, and monitor budgetary negotiations and awards between funding administrator(s) and internal/external stakeholders to mitigate relational programmatic impacts and/or improve efficiencies, as appropriate.
- Foster transparency and collaboration on OPLAN development and execution, and provide guidance pursuant to status, process, standards, & procedures. Participate in cross-directorate coordination meetings, as needed.
- Provide continuous feedback, oversight, and guidance to internal stakeholders, to include arrangement processing, project shaping, budgetary negotiations, budgetary execution, administrative requirements, troubleshooting, and action planning, pursuant to PI’s approved partnering efforts.
- Monitor project implementation, transition, underlying information/financial mechanisms, and project life-cycle assessments to ensure defined programmatic initiatives are met.
- Assist with resolving funding or plan discrepancies through investigation, critical analysis, and collaborative problem-solving.
- Prepare programmatic reporting capturing annual metrics, strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities pursuant to PI’s planning and budgeting endeavors.
- Shape and improve appropriate success metrics and targets, utilizing input from internal and external stakeholders to measure quality, efficiency, and overall process improvement.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated record of extensive budget planning, execution, and assessment at the project and/or program level.
- Demonstrated record of extensive program-level plan development, execution, and oversight.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working independently with minimal direction or supervision.
- Experience supporting and anticipating mission needs and demonstrating problem-solving skills.
- Experience with identifying and leveraging common interests to create actionable opportunities for collaboration.
- Experience performing tasks under tight deadlines and managing shifting priorities.
- Knowledge of DPAA partner mission subject areas (Terrestrial Archaeology, Underwater Archaeology, Research, Program Support).
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to learn new software and incorporate its use into daily work functions.
- Detail oriented: ability to produce material with minimal errors, and easily correct the work of others.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration or a closely related discipline.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: 6-8 years of experience with at least three years in the following: program management; budget development; budget execution oversight; annual planning; strategic planning. Experience with STEM, interdisciplinary engagement, and collaboration methods and programs desired. Demonstrated ability to carry to completion complex projects involving multiple organizations, on time, on budget, while meeting planned objectives. Able to work well independently as well as in a team environment. Experience in archeology-related projects desired.
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: Project Management Professional (PMP) certification desired.
Work Environment: This position is remote during COVID-19 but will require to be on-site at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickman once position reengages.
Physical Capabilities: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to access information using a computer for up to 4 hours at a time.
- Requires sitting at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Incumbent must be capable of working in stressful situations with short deadlines.
Background/Security: U.S. citizenship required. Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Tier I investigation/Public Trust and a Common Access Card (CAC).
Travel: May have up to 10% travel.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.
For more than 30 years, HJF has committed to a singular mission: advancing military medicine. We were authorized by Congress to do this and serve as a trusted and responsive link between the military medical community, its federal and private partners, and millions of American service families, veterans and civilians who rely every day on the advances and quality of life that result from this work.
We use our mission understanding to create innovative solutions that are purpose-built for our partners’ goals.
At HJF, you will become an important part of a mission-driven team.
The Henry M. Jackson FoundationWhy Work Here?
When you join our team, you serve one of our nearly 1,000 research programs that include infectious disease, biomedical defense, and more!
Are you ready to make a difference in military medicine? For more than 30 years, HJF has committed to a singular mission: advancing military medicine. We were authorized by Congress to do this and serve as a trusted and responsive link between the military medical community, its federal and private partners, and millions of American service families, veterans and civilians who rely every day on the advances and quality of life that result from this work. We use our mission understanding to create innovative solutions that are purpose-built for our partners’ goals. At HJF, you will become an important part of a mission-driven team.
AddressJoint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam, HI