The Help Group is looking for bright, caring, enthusiastic Adult Residential Counselors to join our dynamic residential team! We have four group homes in a lovely North Hills neighborhood. Each home serves six adults, ages 18+, with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities. Full-time salaries range from $933 to $975/wk (including built-in overtime and double-time). Full-time schedules are 52 hours, 3 1/2 days, and include 1-2 asleep overnights. This is a great opportunity to gain experience with the population. We provide excellent training!
PLUS A $500 SIGN-ON BONUS!
- Must have 3 years of driving experience, CA Driver License & and a clean driving record!
- Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities strongly desired
- New college graduates are encouraged to apply, although a college degree is not required
- Computer skills for electronic charting
PRIMARY DUTIES include, but are not limited to:
- Direct client care and supervision in a residential home setting
- Training, support and assistance with client personal care, activities of daily living, self-help skills, social skills, etc
- Tracking and implementing behavioral programs/service plans
- Client and program documentation
- Developing, leading and supervising recreational activities, outings and groups
- Transporting clients in agency vehicles
- 100% Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance Plan
- Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Relief (On-Call) positions also available
- PLUS A $500 SIGN ON BONUS FOR FULL-TIME EMPLOYEES!
Founded in 1975, The Help Group is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive nonprofit of its kind in the United States serving children with special needs related to autism spectrum disorder, learning disabilities, ADHD, developmental delays, abuse and emotional problems.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
The Help Group