Bev & Food Outlet Manager
- Over a month ago
- $10,000 Monthly
F&B Outlets Manager
SALARY: $69K-$73K, Full-Time, Exempt
- Medical/Dental/Vision after 30 days of employment
- Free Short-Term Disability (up to $2K/week) & Free Long-Term Disability (up to $10K/month) after 30 days of employment
- Free Life Insurance + Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Plan after 30 days of employment (1.5 times of annual salary)
- 401k after 30 days of employment with company match (100% of salary deferrals up to the first 3% and 50% of salary deferrals on next 2%)
- PTO Plan (accrue from day one, use on 91st day of employment, about 19 days in the 1st year)
- Voluntary Life + Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Plan
- Free Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Company provided iPhone
- Hotel discounts at 8,300+ Marriott hotels worldwide (nightly rates as low as $45)
- Parking: Discounted parking in hotel garage ($7/day or $140 monthly pass)
- 50% subsidy for public transportation expenses
- Referral program of $500 per successfully referred new hire
- Complimentary cafeteria meals
- Monthly employee appreciation events
- Employee Exercise Room
- Community Service Events
WHY THE RENAISSANCE SEATTLE HOTEL?
Were you always the curious kid that opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never passed up the opportunity to ask "why"? If that sounds like you, then the Renaissance is the place for you! Here at the Renaissance Seattle we welcome you to bring your personal style to every experience and interaction and encourage the curiosity and the “why” in you. If you’ve got authentic style, a natural curiosity and a warm way with people, then come live the Renaissance way…. live life to DISCOVER. If you’re passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide and love making new and exciting discoveries then the Renaissance Seattle is the right place for you to shine, explore and grow! The Renaissance isn’t just a place to spend the night, it's a place with style just as unique and adventurous as yours. We’re not just looking for anyone… We’re looking for YOU!
Where do you want your career to go? It’s up to you. A lifer in your discipline – great, we know you will perform exceptionally every day. Would you like to explore other disciplines at some point? There is no better opportunity than this one. You are striving to be a Director, General Manager, VP, or more? We’ll support you all the way.
ABOUT OUR MANAGEMENT COMPANY
The R.C. Hedreen Company is Seattle’s pre-eminent hotel developer. The company built the Hilton, Crowne Plaza, Renaissance, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt at Olive 8, Hyatt Regency, and more to come.
- Ownership is also the management company – No red tape
- The company values longevity – half of our team has been with us 5+ years
ABOUT OUR HOTEL
- 4th largest hotel in Seattle – AAA 4-Diamond Rated
- Stable operation – hotel has never been sold
- Never closed during the pandemic even though about 30 other hotels in Seattle were closed for more than 1 year
- Although we had to lay-off 90% of our staff at the beginning of the pandemic, we brought the majority of them back. Our people are very loyal to the hotel & were waiting for our call to return.
- Hotel review rating on Marriott website is higher than other Seattle Marriott full-service sister hotels including W-Hotel, Westin, Marriott, Sheraton
The Outlets Manager oversees and participates in all aspects of guest service in Maxwell’s Restaurant, Room Service, the Lobby Court Lounge and Coffee Service so as to ensure a quality experience at all levels. He/she acts as a conduit for staff concerns as well as being supportive of management decisions. He/she also ensures that the staff is trained to consistently pay rigorous attention to details and provide professional service at all times.
- Be an active presence in the areas of responsibility to ensure maximum service at all times to all guests.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all menu items, ingredients and preparation. Be familiar with all beverage products and have a working knowledge of standard bar operations.
- Conduct daily Savvy Service meeting to keep staff aware of daily specials, special care guests, updated service standards and to answer any questions.
- Assist in preparing daily requisitions, labor reports and schedules. Attend staff meetings and monitor cash out procedures with the manager.
- Ensure the highest quality of food, beverages and service related to the operations of Restaurant Services.
- Develop departmental programs to ensure high sales and consistent up-selling of premium products.
- Know and actively practice the hotel’s emergency procedures and loss prevention guidelines.
- Develop a working knowledge of budget matters and take a hands-on approach to achieving budgeted average check, food and beverage costs, labor and profit percent.
- Perform special projects as requested.
- Maintain a high level of professional appearance, demeanor, ethics and image of self and subordinates.
- Ensure professional development of self and subordinates.
- Communicate effectively between departments, with the Restaurant Service Manager and the General Manager within the area of responsibility.
- Maintain a fair wage and salary administration in the department in accordance with company policy.
- Conduct and/or attend regular department level meetings.
- Recruit, hire and schedule employees to fairly and efficiently meet the needs of the department.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of all assigned personnel.
- Implement and support company operating policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensure that all employees are properly inducted, oriented and trained into the department and their job.
- Maintain positive employee relations in a supportive environment.
- Operate in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations to ensure a legal and harassment-free workplace.
- Assign and review the job description and the job performance of subordinates.
- Ensure good safety practices of employees and guests throughout the hotel. Assist in the maintenance of proper emergency and security procedures.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Excellent leadership, communication, organizational and time management skills
- Basic ability to utilize Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to multi-task, delegate, train and implement corrective action if necessary with subordinates.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
College degree preferred but not essential.
- Prior hotel experience, preferably Marriott Hotel experience, helpful but not essential.
- Prior restaurant experience, preferably in hotels, helpful.
“R” WAY TO ENSURE YOUR SAFETY & PEACE OF MIND…
The Renaissance Seattle Hotel requires up-to-date COVID-19 vaccinations for employment to the extent of the law, respecting ADA & religious accommodations
Renaissance Seattle is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Renaissance Seattle does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Washington State is an “at-will” state and as such both employer and employee reserve the right to terminate employment at any time, with or without notice or cause, except as otherwise provided by law.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified and are subject to reasonable adaptations at any time, as the company requires.
The Hedreen Hotel Employer
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?