Director, Data Architecture
- Posted: over a month ago
The Director of Data Architecture is responsible for designing data infrastructure to extract and organize data for authorized individuals to access. Duties include identifying a company’s internal and external data sources, collaborating with department heads to determine their data storage and organizational needs, and using the information to create and maintain data infrastructure for company data.
Directly supervise other SQL Database Administrators and System Architects and coordinate system designs with the Sr VP IT Operations & Quality.
- At least four year degree in Computer Science or comparable work experience.
- 8+ years Microsoft SQL Server Administration experience.
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Advanced Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
- Knowledge of system frameworks including .NET, Git, Net Web API and GitHub.
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to organize and plan work independently.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2016 and Microsoft SQL Server 2019.
- Experience with RedGate SQL Monitor.
- Advanced experience with table normalization, referential integrity and architecture.
- Familiar with Coding and best practices.
- Oversee all database design solutions.
- Examine and identify database structural necessities by evaluating client operations, applications, and programming.
- Oversee all data migrations.
- Oversee monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Work with the architecture team to recommend solutions to improve new and existing systems.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Oversee 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Develop processes to ensure high level of data accuracy across all internal databases.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
The Health Plan of West Virginia Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?