Senior Director, Member Insights
About The Health Management Academy:
The Health Management Academy (THMA) brings together health system leaders and innovators to collectively address the industry’s biggest challenges and opportunities. By assisting executives in cultivating peer networks, understanding key strategic trends, establishing pragmatic partnerships, and developing next-generation leaders, our members are better positioned to lead industry transformation.
The Health Management Academy offers a dynamic atmosphere with significant opportunities for employees. If you are interested in contributing to a member-centric, creative, and collaborative workforce while deeply influencing top leaders and institutions in healthcare, THMA could be the right place for you!
Reporting to the Executive Director, Member Insights, the Sr. Director, Member Insights leads THMA’s strategic research, market analysis, and deliverable production from conception to completion. The Sr. Director provides intellectual leadership and analytical direction across projects that range from a few weeks to several months in duration. These projects may include written deliverables, analytic models, presentations, and events. The Sr. Director also serves as a subject matter expert, advising member health systems and industry partners on strategic priorities as well as The Academy’s executive and sales teammates on product direction and commercial activities.
Beyond project leadership, the Sr. Director, Member Insights is responsible for research/content leadership and agenda setting, serving as a content expert across the membership, and facilitating engaging discussions with THMA’s Members about research. The Sr. Director will also support Executive Director in product strategy, operations, and marketing.
Primary Job Duties:
- Project leadership, design, and management
- Coach and manage a small team
- Lead the execution of multiple deliverables simultaneously with varying levels of complexity
- Develop and apply knowledge related to health care organization, operations, finances, and care delivery based on the strategic priorities of large health systems and healthcare companies
- Manage and develop Associates and Analysts and Senior Analysts
- Apply primary and secondary research skills, including hypothesis generation, root cause analysis, inductive and deductive reasoning
- Ability to formulate and defend original points of view
- Synthesis of complex ideas into actionable insights for our members
- Creation of client deliverables using persuasive writing and graphics/visuals to communicate ideas and information
- Build qualitative and qualitative survey instruments; conduct rigorous analysis
- Relationship management, both internal and external
- Effective presenter and discussion-based facilitator for both small and large audiences
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a graduate research, business research, or health policy setting
- Strong project management experience: plan, organize, and manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously with limited supervision or direction
- Proven ability at cultivating member relationships and identifying key areas of improvement or new topics in healthcare to optimize overall business success
- Demonstrated quantitative and qualitative skills researching and analyzing healthcare issues; ability to synthesize and summarize large amounts of information and to focus quickly on the essence of an issue
- Interest in the business/commercial aspect of healthcare
- Articulate and professional; excellent customer and client service skills
Interpersonal Skills & Attributes:
- Creative & strategic mindset
- Process oriented
- Innovative approach to solutions
- Attention to detail
- Ability to influence others at senior levels
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Self-directed and resourceful
- Excellent communication and client facing skills
- Excellent organizational skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, and distance vision, and the ability to work with screens or monitors for prolonged periods of time. This position is primarily a sedentary job where the team member will be seated for the majority of the day.
Notice of Equal Opportunity Employment:
The Academy is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, The Academy will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. The Academy’s goal is for our people to reflect the communities in which we live and serve and to ensure representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities in our organization.
Starting salary of $120,000 and up plus benefits.
The Health Management AcademyArlington, VA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.