- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About The Academy:
The Health Management Academy (The Academy) brings together health system leaders and innovators to collectively address the industry’s biggest challenges and opportunities. By assisting executives in cultivating peer networks, understanding key strategic trends, establishing pragmatic partnerships, and developing next-generation leaders, our members are better positioned to lead industry transformation.
The Academy offers a dynamic atmosphere with significant opportunities for employees. If you are interested in contributing to a member-centric, creative, and collaborative workforce while deeply influencing top leaders and institutions in healthcare, The Academy could be the right place for you!
The Academy’s Research Analysts are key team members who support research projects, content development, and other initiatives that analyze key challenges, opportunities, and insights based on the experiences of leading health systems and healthcare executives. The Academy conducts much of its research initiatives in partnership with member health systems and healthcare companies. Working closely with the Associate Directors on the Research & Advisory team as well as the Member Insights team, Research Analysts are directly involved with the daily operations of all Academy research initiatives.
Examples of past Academy Research Projects include evaluations of health systems responses to industry trends (e.g., transitioning from volume to value, opioid epidemic), identifying best practices in delivering high-value care (e.g., telehealth), and tracking health system financial and demographic metrics over time (e.g., percent of revenue tied to Medicare Advantage). Analysts are primarily responsible for conducting quantitative and qualitative data analyses and developing reports in support of client projects. Analysts are involved in research interviews, analysis, and the creation of deliverables and presentation materials. The final deliverables are often presented and discussed at Academy meetings, uploaded onto our website, and regularly featured in various press and media outlets.
Primary Job Duties:
- Document findings from primary and secondary research
- Support analysis of findings from qualitative data collected from interviews, site visits, literature reviews, or other data collection efforts
- Conduct interviews with executives from health systems and industry organizations
- Produce graphical and written analyses of findings for interim and final deliverables
- Create qualitative surveys using online survey tools for data collection
- Enter, check, and harmonize data for research studies
- Collect, input and analyze health services & health policy data
- Generate graphs and figures for analytic reports and research briefs
- Provide input to senior leadership on opportunities for improving value delivery to member organizations
- Strong writing skills and experience writing reports
- Strong analytic skills, including the ability to think critically, creatively, and problem solve
- General interest in healthcare
- Experience conducting qualitative primary and secondary research
- Ability to complete tasks on tight deadlines without compromising quality
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with Excel and Power Point
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years of experience in a research setting, or graduate degree in healthcare administration, health policy, business, or related field
Interpersonal Skills & Attributes:
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Process oriented
- Attention to detail
- Self-directed and resourceful
- Excellent communication and client facing skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, and distance vision.
Notice of Equal Opportunity Employment:
The Academy is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, The Academy will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. The Academy’s goal is for our people to reflect the communities in which we live and serve and to ensure representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities in our organization.
Powered by JazzHR
The Health Management Academy
ScienceView all jobs at The Health Management Academy