The Healing Place Louisville, KY
- Posted: January 21, 2021
The Counselor will deliver care according to the Recovery Louisville philosophy to clients suffering from addictive disease disorders, related substance abuse or chemical dependency problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform direct to client clinical services to include but not limited to providing treatment therapist using a variety of modalities to include CBT, Motivational Interviewing, Behavioral Modification, and Crisis Intervention to adult men and women
- Provide quality care to Recovery Louisville clients
- Facilitate Individual Services, including Intake, Assessment, Treatment Planning, Counseling, and Discharge Planning
- Interact with family members and involve them in recovery process
- Provide indirect supervision to all Registered Peer Support Specialists (RPSS) as needed
- Facilitate Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) Groups for clients on caseload
- Plan and facilitate all education classes during IOP groups
- Provide weekly formal counseling to all clients as needed
- Provide weekly formal case management services as needed
- Consult regularly with Treatment Team and other clinical staff on the status of each client
- Perform clinical admissions including but not limited to screening, intake, orientation, assessment, treatment planning, and discharge planning
- Intervene and assist as needed with crisis prevention, crisis intervention and crisis management for clients and staff
- Responsible for ensuring that clinical documentation is current and accurate and meets all regulatory and other industry standards
- Participate in clinical team meetings including weekly consultation, quarterly utilization review, and other related Healing Place agency meetings and trainings
- Performs all clinical documentation in a timely fashion (within forty-eight hours of client contact) and ensure that it is accurate and meets all regulatory and other industry standards
- Excellent written/oral/interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to project a professional image
- Precise attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information, people and processes
- Comfortable communicating with individuals with a diversity of backgrounds, income levels, and influence
- Organized with strong time management skills
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Master's Degree required or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Actively licensed in Kentucky as a TCADC, CSW, CADC, LPCA, LPCC, LCADC (or able to acquire one of the required certifications within 90 days of hire)
- Maintain programmatic focus on remaining inside the scope of practice for The Healing Place to ensure balance between social model recovery and clinical treatment
- Commitment to Recovery Louisville Mission and Vision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of EHR system
- A valid Driver's License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, the employee is frequently required to communicate; listen; sit; stand; walk; use hands to grasp, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and travel. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Indoor environment. The employee is frequently exposed to an office environment, with controlled temperatures. The employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions including heat, cold, wind, rain, snow, ice, and fog.
The Healing Place is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.