Buyer - Purchasing
The Hayes Approach Greenville, SC
- Posted: over a month ago
Our Company manufactures tools for electrical contractors, offering more than 100 products, including cable pullers, conduit benders, and knockout sets. We are based in Wellford, South Carolina, and the Company is proud of its national connections, as well as its customer service.
We are currently looking for an entry level Buyer in our Purchasing department.
JOB SUMMARY: The Buyer will be responsible for planning and purchasing raw materials, finished goods, and MRO supplies required to support Current & Jackson Tools.
- Negotiate cost, lead times, and payment terms to maximize and maintain margins.
- Evaluate demand and monitor inventory levels to ensure that materials arrive to support production in a timely manner while maintaining inventory turn goals.
- Analyze, recommend, and choose suppliers with respect to cost, quality, and delivery competitiveness.
- Source and procure items ranging from raw materials, fabricated parts, and finished goods.
- Serve as a communication link between management, production, and sales regarding supply related issues and corresponding arrival dates.
- Proactively address interruptions of supply, service, and non-conformance with existing and alternate suppliers to support production and achieve corrective action.
- Notify and work with inventory control regarding potential inventory discrepancies
- Execute quick resolution of shipping discrepancies, receiving errors, and invoice errors.
- Purchase all MRO items to support manufacturing, office, and building maintenance
- Coordinate with engineering for prototype materials, parts, and projects.
- Communicate effectively and work in a professional manner with all levels of personnel
- BS or AS in supply chain, procurement, business, or related field
- 2 + years of purchasing related experience
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail and accuracy
The Hayes Approach
BusinessView all jobs at The Hayes Approach